• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Since the new Avengers trailer dropped, all CGC 9.8 blue label copies of Nova #1 got swooped up. At $1k a pop.

Somebody know something we don't? hm

That's amazing.  I wouldn't want to be holding that hot potato.  Luckily I bought my copy 36 years ago for 6 bits.  Not 9.8, but good enough for me. 

On 12/17/2018 at 1:43 PM, ygogolak said:

Since the new Avengers trailer dropped, all CGC 9.8 blue label copies of Nova #1 got swooped up. At $1k a pop.

Somebody know something we don't? hm

Where did this happen"? eBay or other places? 

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Speculators or collectors grabbing before they think it goes higher? I hope its the 2nd.

I guess its not that big of a gamble at this point.

I happen to have a Nova 1 on ebay (7.0 raw IIRC) and I hope someone gets all excited and grabs it! (That's what she said!)

On December 13, 2018 at 3:29 AM, lou_fine said:

Who cares about a nobody like Rocker Racer.  :p

I personally think Marvel should obtain the rights to that great SA classic, Fatman The Human Flying Saucer, as that should be a megalodon box office winner for sure.  The only other one that would be able to give Fatman a run for his money would be that other classic SA character, namely, Herbie The Fat Fury.  lol

Actually, if the Coen Brothers would take it on, Herbie would turn out awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if they read the comic growing up.

I took a look at the eBay sales and in Oct -Nov rough price was $945.00 for Nova 9.8, it has gone up roughly to $1,050.00. Is this just the drift up on price cause one sold for $5.00 more a week later and than the next goes up by $20.00 until it has gone up by $100.00 or is it cause the Eternals was announced and we are wondering if we are going to miss out on the next announced movie. I think its the latter.

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

CBCS 9.8s ae going for $800 where as CGC 9.8s are $1,100.  Not seen that much of a difference in awhile.

My general rule of thumb for CBCS is assume it is a 9.6 in a 9.8 slab and bid accordingly.

4 hours ago, Grib said:

I took a look at the eBay sales and in Oct -Nov rough price was $945.00 for Nova 9.8, it has gone up roughly to $1,050.00. Is this just the drift up on price cause one sold for $5.00 more a week later and than the next goes up by $20.00 until it has gone up by $100.00 or is it cause the Eternals was announced and we are wondering if we are going to miss out on the next announced movie. I think its the latter.

It's not necessarily the price. It's the timing and the amount sold. There were 2-3 selling a month. In the 9 days since the day the Avengers 4 trailer released there have been (6) 9.8s sold. Trends are very important.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, scooter99 said:

That's amazing.  I wouldn't want to be holding that hot potato.  Luckily I bought my copy 36 years ago for 6 bits.  Not 9.8, but good enough for me. 

That is nuts. It's not like folks didn't know this was coming for a long time. We've already seen the Nova Corps for criminey sake. There's a reason it went from a $5 book to a $80 book (raw).

These are some nice results on DC Super Stars 11, a book I grab when I see it,, albeit from some well known sellers, the JS sale in particular:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SUPER-STARS-11-VERY-FINE-8-0-MAGIC-GIANT-ZATANNA-1977-DC-COMICS-/382626677571?hash=item591653c343%3Ag%3AersAAOSwcBZb51b9&nma=true&si=k5rBGBi%2BuujbAIA%2FqNJ8cW9pcBQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SUPER-STARS-11-VERY-FINE-8-0-MAGIC-GIANT-ZATANNA-1977-DC-COMICS/382626677571?hash=item591653c343:g:ersAAOSwcBZb51b9

7 hours ago, the blob said:

That is nuts. It's not like folks didn't know this was coming for a long time. We've already seen the Nova Corps for criminey sake. There's a reason it went from a $5 book to a $80 book (raw).

What do we know? The general public knows nothing more than we did 4 years ago.

Edited by ygogolak

Of note, especially considering the market during this time of year, Star Wars #68 has basically doubled from May this year. Not the highs it was seeing in 2015. I assume this is because of the Mandalorian TV show and the book has something to do with Mandalore.

Conversely #42 is about half what it was earlier this year.