• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Which X-Men from 95-200 and ASM 100-200 do you guys think are good speculation holds for future movies? Besides the obvious  ASM 101 and ASM 129.

Hey you guyz. Tell me right now what X-Men and Spider-Man books to buy so I can make a bunch of money when the characters show up in a movie.  lol

11 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Hey you guyz. Tell me right now what X-Men and Spider-Man books to buy so I can make a bunch of money when the characters show up in a movie.  lol

More like I have 3+ copies of every book in those runs and I am just wondering what everyone else is holding (shrug)

Edited by rsouxlja7

On 12/28/2018 at 9:37 AM, makeminemarvel said:

I must have been one of the 10-20 people who liked Nova.  I bought the first issue and immediately ordered a subscription.  I remember being bummed out when issue #25 arrived and it said "He's gone!  The Human Rocket".  Still have all 25 issues!

I loved Nova when it came out in the summer of 1976. Of course, living next to Riders home town of Hempstead, it was ridiculous how little of Long Island  made it into the book.

Was really impressed with issues 2 and 4, but I remember dropping the book not long afterward.  Read the rest of the issues when I got a collection  a few years later and wasn't impressed.

Special Marvel Edition 15 - interesting how after the movie announcement at the beginning of December and that initial flurry of buying it seems that there are no 9.8 copies available on eBay since then, and just one 9.6 (mis-listed as issue 5) priced at $1,000.

Where are all the nose bleed or pie-in-the-sky prices to tempt people for this common to the point of people claiming it's a warehouse find book?

7 hours ago, shadroch said:

I loved Nova when it came out in the summer of 1976. Of course, living next to Riders home town of Hempstead, it was ridiculous how little of Long Island  made it into the book.

Was really impressed with issues 2 and 4, but I remember dropping the book not long afterward.  Read the rest of the issues when I got a collection  a few years later and wasn't impressed.

That was the next Spider-Man #1 I thought.  Loved the cover and was about 15 years old.  I kept buying but I honestly could not get into Infantino's art when he started.  His latter art like on the Flash (not the SA) was hard to stomach for me.  I loved his MIS and SA Flash and much of his other SA art though.  

I still have my OO Novas - heck for that matter, I have pretty much every book I ever bought from BA through CA then I stopped buying new book in the late 80s and haven't bought a new book since.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, Key Largo Comics said:
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Which X-Men from 95-200 and ASM 100-200 do you guys think are good speculation holds for future movies? Besides the obvious  ASM 101 and ASM 129.

They really do rise and fall a lot especially X-Men bronze, but right now you cant go wrong with X-Men 101 for the next few months that book is on fire.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Special Marvel Edition 15 - interesting how after the movie announcement at the beginning of December and that initial flurry of buying it seems that there are no 9.8 copies available on eBay since then, and just one 9.6 (mis-listed as issue 5) priced at $1,000.

Where are all the nose bleed or pie-in-the-sky prices to tempt people for this common to the point of people claiming it's a warehouse find book?

I would imagine at CGC currently. Not a book I am interested, but man if the movie goes over well high grade will be a small fortune.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Yea, listing was even updated to say 9.0.

Apparently a couple of people at Marvel have said that they are planning on including Nova in future movies. Or something like that. But, nothing is set in stone.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Yea, listing was even updated to say 9.0.

Apparently a couple of people at Marvel have said that they are planning on including Nova in future movies. Or something like that. But, nothing is set in stone.

I am getting and offer on eBay for a 7.5-8.0 type copy about $10-13 under FMV based on "this is how many ebay bucks I have" pondering it. Used to have like 8 copies, sold them off the last time the book popped. Can micronauts please pop again???

On 1/1/2019 at 8:56 PM, fastballspecial said:
On 12/31/2018 at 2:29 PM, mrwoogieman said:

I would imagine at CGC currently. Not a book I am interested, but man if the movie goes over well high grade will be a small fortune.

Well, not a SME 15 but I do see a 9.4 graded copy of Special Marvel Edition 16 listed on CC's next Event Auction scheduled for March.  :gossip:

Not the same thing I would imagine, especially since it has been graded by the other grading company.  :p

52 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, fastballspecial said:
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Well, not a SME 15 but I do see a 9.4 graded copy of Special Marvel Edition 16 listed on CC's next Event Auction scheduled for March.  :gossip:

Not the same thing I would imagine, especially since it has been graded by the other grading company.  :p

I never liked Masters of Kung Fu growing up in fact I pretty much hated it.

There is nothing wrong with the book for speculation. I don't see high grade copies much, but that being said money will bring them out. 
For me personally I would be looking at villain appearances just because its more cost effective. 

52 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I never liked Masters of Kung Fu growing up in fact I pretty much hated it.

There is nothing wrong with the book for speculation. I don't see high grade copies much, but that being said money will bring them out. 
For me personally I would be looking at villain appearances just because its more cost effective. 

To each their own, I would have to say here then.  (thumbsu

Although I also thought the writers could have done a better job developing the Shang-Chi character, I really did like the Paul Gulacy artwork on the book and definitely the primary reason I brought the book back then.  

Reminded me of a poor man's version of Steranko's artwork.  :luhv:

On 1/4/2019 at 4:11 PM, lou_fine said:

To each their own, I would have to say here then.  (thumbsu

Although I also thought the writers could have done a better job developing the Shang-Chi character, I really did like the Paul Gulacy artwork on the book and definitely the primary reason I brought the book back then.  

Reminded me of a poor man's version of Steranko's artwork.  :luhv:

I agree completely. But I have gone back and reread the series and enjoyed it even more!