• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,715 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'm not saying this is an exploitation of Iron Fist, I'm comparing Iron Fist because it's the first appearance of another Marvel superhero around the same time period.  I'm not going to compare this comic to Marvel Spotlight 5, WW32, ASM 129, etc. because all those comparisons would be a complete joke. 

U cannot compare projected demand on a property/books that haven't hatched yet

What I want to know is this a bubble or a long term market change. I think in the long run a Bubble, with a small amount of books going crazy up in prices. Example Hulk 181, Spider man 129, Luke Cage 1 and Fantastic Four first Black Panther. Some maybes are Ms.Marvel 1, Iron Man 1 and the first Spider Gwen. I'm sure we could all add or take away books. 

Why I think it is a bubble, the age of collectors. I do not see enough young people holding books for the long term. I could be wrong because I am basing this on limited facts.

On 3/24/2019 at 2:21 PM, Grib said:

I work in the film industry, I have for over 30 year, the oversea market is the largest film market currently. More money is made outside of the USA than in. This will be an action movie aimed at that market. It will be big, how long it remains big will be based on reaction to the finished film. I plan on selling a few of my books as soon as the advertising starts. I collect but I also sell to pay for my collecting. So again I will sell off a few books at that time. Now as a fan I'm real excited about this project. The Iron Fist show suffered by poor producing and not enough pre production work. It was produced and shot to quickly and the end product showed it. because the actor playing Iron Fist was really f***ing annoying, and most people can't relate to the troubles of a rich white man.

Fixed that for you.

Btw a lot of dweebs who don't even read the comics assumed Danny's Ironfist character was "whitewashed" because it was a show about martial arts. So because of the fake outrage over this issue, it didn't exactly help it's case. 

Edited by maidenmate91

49 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Yea your totally right, that would never work on any level. 

Broken-Main-970x545.jpg

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

The acting in Arrow is awful. The guy who plays Diggle and perhaps Thea and Rene are okay. the show is certainly no better than Iron Fist.

Robert Downey Jr.'s performance is what turned Iron Man from B-list to A-list.

And Batman is an archetype. Those tend to have longevity.

9 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The acting in Arrow is awful. The guy who plays Diggle and perhaps Thea and Rene are okay. the show is certainly no better than Iron Fist.

Oh wow, you think the acting by Diggle and two female characters are good..... Imagine my shock lol

Sorry friend, those characters worked for a long time before the tv/movies represented them. Maybe not on such a massive scale. That said, you said the archetype of a "rich white male isn't relatable." That is why you stated it failed. So..... the SUCCESSFUL and rich history of these DC/ MARVEL characters disagree with you. You know what they say about excuses... 

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

Oh wow, you think the acting by Diggle and two female characters are good..... Imagine my shock lol

Sorry friend, those characters worked for a long time before the tv/movies represented them. Maybe not on such a massive scale. That said, you said the archetype of a "rich white male isn't relatable." That is why you stated it failed. So..... the SUCCESSFUL and rich history of these DC/ MARVEL characters disagree with you. You know what they say about excuses... 

Last time I checked, Rene (Wild Dog) was a guy. I didn't say that "the archetype of a 'rich white male isn't relatable'" I said that Batman is the archetype of a particular type of hero. The inference is that transcends other things. And the characters working in comics is not the same as them working on television

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Btw a lot of dweebs who don't even read the comics assumed Danny's Ironfist character was "whitewashed" because it was a show about martial arts. So because of the fake outrage over this issue, it didn't exactly help it's case. 

Funny. I read absolutely no suggestions anywhere that the character was whitewashed.

7 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Last time I checked, Rene (Wild Dog) was a guy. I didn't say that "the archetype of a 'rich white male isn't relatable'" I said that Batman is the archetype of a particular type of hero. The inference is that transcends other things. And the characters working in comics is not the same as them working on television

1.Haha fair enough, I wasn't aware. My apologies.  

2. This is true, I agree with you there. 

8 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Funny. I read absolutely no suggestions anywhere that the character was whitewashed.

They were complaining that he wasn't Asian American. Critics were stating cultural appropriation, and such nonsense. The creator of the show was interviewed and quoted about the "problem".  You know because KunLun is a real place and all... Lol

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/tv/iron-fist-co-creator-defends-show-following-whitewashing-controversy-2025218/amp

Also if you google "ironfist netflix whitewashing" tons of related articles pop up.

1 minute ago, maidenmate91 said:

They were complaining that he wasn't Asian American. Critics were stating cultural appropriation, and such nonsense. The creator of the show was interviewed and quoted about the "problem".  You know because KunLun is a real place and all... Lol

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/tv/iron-fist-co-creator-defends-show-following-whitewashing-controversy-2025218/amp

Also if you google "ironfist netflix whitewashing" tons of related articles pop up.

If you have to go looking for it, I'd say the complaint isn't particularly widespread.

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I don’t really agree with any of those statements.  Such is the fabric of life, I suppose. 

8 hours ago, Chalwa said:

I don’t really agree with any of those statements.  Such is the fabric of life, I suppose. 

Well the GAMP is working on all cylinders tonight, spouting' shinola lol

Edited by divad