• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2019 at 2:51 PM, herc2000 said:

My friend just told me it's going to be The Ultimate Taskmaster, the one that has the same mask as Crossbones, lol, guess they'll save a few bucks on props there then! Also, he has different powers, a bit more like absorbing man, lol, I give up with these disney films.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is not strictly based on the 616. It's heavily influenced by the Ultimate Universe. Such as Nick Fury....

On 3/22/2019 at 8:35 AM, spreads said:
On 3/21/2019 at 5:19 PM, the blob said:

Is it just me, or does this seem like a pretty extra common book for its era? Koch had badjillions of them, which makes me think warehouse finds. it was an easy $5-$10 books on ebay for a long time, not in 9.8, but nice copies. I could not get 1/3 of guide for years for 9.0 - 9.4 copies. I know, things change. I can't believe how many of these I unloaded for 1/4 - 1/3 or less of guide.

I don't think these 9.8 prices a$re sustainable at all, this is just not a popular character.  We all know speculators drive a lot of the market for books but at least with other characters, like Iron Fist, there's a bit more interest in the character.  We'll see, maybe I'm wrong and in a 1-2 years the book in 9.8 and 9.6 will be selling for more than where it is now but I doubt it.

Someone put up a 9.8 on eBay for $4,000.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:20 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Someone put up a 9.8 on eBay for $4,000.

Up for a week on eBay and it appears to have sold for full ask.

Census shows four 9.8s added to the census since the movie was announced in early December....super-duper common in high grade, you say? hm

Edited by mrwoogieman
census info

43 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Census shows four 9.8s added to the census since the movie was announced in early December....super-duper common in high grade, you say? hm

wow.

Looks like there's been a shift 'up' in the asking prices this past week or so from 9.8 down to 9.0

21 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Damn, sell quick before those other books hit the market! 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:18 AM, Chalwa said:

I remember that being an issue. It was pretty prevalent. 

Kind of dumb if you ask me. Admittedly, having Matt Murdock be able to take out the top Ninjas en masse is far worse though. This guy was trained for like 2 years at this when he was a kid and has been a student hanging out for years, occasionally beating up a heavy bag. Danny Rand at least spent 15 straight years in 20 hour a day kung fu school getting the beat out of him. It's a lot more believable that he might be among the best of the best. Not to mention, this becomes a big theme of the second season, Danny being an undeserving outsider, etc.

Maybe they can complain that the 40+ year old comic was a white washing, but it seems silly to demand an asianification now. And in the world of comics around the same time Iron Fist came out, MOKF came out, so you arguably had an Asian be "the best there is" at this stuff co-existing. But bringing Shang Chi into the Netflix shows would be a bit much. (They'd also probably have to remove his mother being white from the background story). Anyway, they want him to be a movie star, not a netflix star. With that said, the Defenders could have been stitched up nicely if Shang Chi appeared in it, as a martial arts government agent hunting down the Hand.

26 minutes ago, the blob said:

Kind of dumb if you ask me. Admittedly, having Matt Murdock be able to take out the top Ninjas en masse is far worse though. This guy was trained for like 2 years at this when he was a kid and has been a student hanging out for years, occasionally beating up a heavy bag. Danny Rand at least spent 15 straight years in 20 hour a day kung fu school getting the beat out of him. It's a lot more believable that he might be among the best of the best. Not to mention, this becomes a big theme of the second season, Danny being an undeserving outsider, etc.

Maybe they can complain that the 40+ year old comic was a white washing, but it seems silly to demand an asianification now. And in the world of comics around the same time Iron Fist came out, MOKF came out, so you arguably had an Asian be "the best there is" at this stuff co-existing. But bringing Shang Chi into the Netflix shows would be a bit much. (They'd also probably have to remove his mother being white from the background story). Anyway, they want him to be a movie star, not a netflix star. With that said, the Defenders could have been stitched up nicely if Shang Chi appeared in it, as a martial arts government agent hunting down the Hand.

Man, talk about "stream of consciousness" . . . or is that "stream of Confucius"? Or "stream of kungfuciousness"? lol

Eternals are really starting to cook now. Almost all issues of V1 in high grade are selling well. 

You can still get them at bargain prices if you look hard enough. I just picked up about 10 Mid grade to NM copies
for a song so keep looking. Eternals 3 is currently the hot book, but each book is going to take its turn as casting is 
announced.

17 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

So far, taking your advice would've cost me between $500-1,000.

:makepoint: 

You might not know that I have a background in the financial markets right?  You shouldn't plot the path of unrealized gains or losses until it's all said and done. 

1 hour ago, spreads said:
19 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

So far, taking your advice would've cost me between $500-1,000.

:makepoint: 

You might not know that I have a background in the financial markets right?  You shouldn't plot the path of unrealized gains or losses until it's all said and done.

My point exactly :sumo: (four posts earlier . . . :whistle:)

12 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Ms Marvel 9, 1st Deathbird, is doing well.  VF and up are $25+.    Or is that copper? 

No, it's Bronze, but frankly I prefer the cover on Avengers #346 myself. :bigsmile: