• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

Got to love hype.  I looked thru the last few long boxes of high grade Bronze books I tried to sell for $3 a piece last year and there was quite a few Atlas books left over.  Now they are selling for $15-$25 a piece.  

I bought a GSD3 the other day for six dollars and just sold it for 50 it was only listed for a few minutes

Edited by Bird

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Uf! If that was a VF (or possibly better with a press), the buyer got a good deal.

It should get to VF with a press but I figured a bird in hand is worth two in the bush and all. I have another one as well. I try to price to sell, usually just at the bottom end of fmv. I would rather use that $50 (or $45 after fees) to buy more books that sit on it and get a little more.

1 minute ago, Bird said:
20 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Uf! If that was a VF (or possibly better with a press), the buyer got a good deal.

It should get to VF with a press but I figured a bird in hand is worth two in the bush and all. I have another one as well. I try to price to sell, usually just at the bottom end of fmv. I would rather use that $50 (or $45 after fees) to buy more books that sit on it and get a little more.

I do the same things with most of my books for pricing. On this book, however, I think it's still under-the-radar. I found 2 last weekend at my LCS's sale and they are usually picked over rather quickly. The rumor currently moving this book could be all garbage; I'm holding my copies for a "real" announcement. Yes, there will be more graded and for sale at that time, but there will also be a lot more buyers.

38 minutes ago, Bird said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you have posted before that you "undercut" the market.

I don’t think I’ve ever used the word undercut to describe what I do on eBay

But I definitely never look for top dollar it’s not worth it, moving the book is more important to me

Edited by Bird
I might look for top dollar on original art and a rare slab though

17 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
25 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

They stand for "you're nerds who like dopey jokes."

#Harshtag

But but what does it stand for?