• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bird said:

It should get to VF with a press but I figured a bird in hand is worth two in the bush and all. I have another one as well. I try to price to sell, usually just at the bottom end of fmv. I would rather use that $50 (or $45 after fees) to buy more books that sit on it and get a little more.

I sold my FN/VF copy for $80 but it lasted a bit more then a day.  I probably could have held out for a bit more but I only paid $25 so I was happy .

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I sold my FN/VF copy for $80 but it lasted a bit more then a day.  I probably could have held out for a bit more but I only paid $25 so I was happy .

Yeah I probably sold it for too little but I am attending a big estate auction Thursday and am trying to generate as much cash on hand as I can to go after some good books.

4 hours ago, Bird said:

It should get to VF with a press but I figured a bird in hand is worth two in the bush and all. I have another one as well. I try to price to sell, usually just at the bottom end of fmv. I would rather use that $50 (or $45 after fees) to buy more books that sit on it and get a little more.

I am selling VGs for $50 currently, but if you don't have any money in it nothing wrong with that. The buyer will come back. 

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am selling VGs for $50 currently, but if you don't have any money in it nothing wrong with that. The buyer will come back. 

BINGO! He already has, this guy is a repeat buyer. Rinse, wash and repeat baby!

36 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah, my VG sold in a couple hours at $50. 

Sweet. 

I am thinking about my $50 GSD3 sale and think my pricing still reflects the fact that when I started selling on ebay I couldn't grade for my life. I have improved a lot by watching the PGM forums (when I get most pretty close to consensus now but still have some outliers) and writing down the grades of the bronze books that I have been buying in pretty large numbers. But I still would rather price the book at what lower grades are selling at than encounter problems. But I am more confident now in grading that maybe I will slowly alter my pricing. I'll test it out on a few Swamp Things that I plan on listing tomorrow and see how I do. :wishluck:

I may also break out another GSD3 for ebay, breaking up my complete Defenders run to do it! hm

On 6/11/2019 at 6:29 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Why is this book hot? (shrug)

Not sure if "hot" is the best word, but there are not a lot of high grade books of this issue and even a fewer 9.8's.  There are a few us looking for this book at a 9.8 (including me!) .

Edited by Xenosmilus

18 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Not sure if "hot" is the best word, but there are not a lot of high grade books of this issue and even a fewer 9.8's.  There are a few us looking for this book at a 9.8 (including me!) .

:wishluck:

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

This explanation makes little sense.

There are 6 copies in 9.8. 

#15 has only 4.

Low census numbers are not the reason, it seems more like an irrational reaction in the marketplace,

Low census in common bronze means 'no one gives a krap to slab'. 

This book is monstrously common in high grade like every other book in the run. The holders of the raws have not been incentivized enough to send the book in.

32 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

This explanation makes little sense.

There are 6 copies in 9.8. 

#15 has only 4.

Low census numbers are not the reason, it seems more like an irrational reaction in the marketplace,

Low census in common bronze means 'no one gives a krap to slab'. 

This book is monstrously common in high grade like every other book in the run. The holders of the raws have not been incentivized enough to send the book in.

I would agree with this assessment 95% of the time. I am thinking this may be in the 5%.
I just don't see the book in any grade. 

Money will bring them out sure, but not in large volumes like other common bronze. I will
put in a caveat just so I can admit if I am wrong later. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 6/18/2019 at 3:25 PM, manetteska said:

I do the same things with most of my books for pricing. On this book, however, I think it's still under-the-radar. I found 2 last weekend at my LCS's sale and they are usually picked over rather quickly. The rumor currently moving this book could be all garbage; I'm holding my copies for a "real" announcement. Yes, there will be more graded and for sale at that time, but there will also be a lot more buyers.

you sold me 3 in those short boxes I got from you. None were high grade and were in my short boxes this past show for $10. Luckily no one bothered with them :whee: 

20 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I would agree with this assessment 95% of the time. I am thinking this may be in the 5%.
I just don't see the book in any grade. 

Money will bring them out sure, but not in large volumes like other common bronze. I will
put in a caveat just so I can admit if I am wrong later. 

#24 9.8 has been selling/resold well for sometime. You would think it would get more issue graded/slabed if it's that common of a book.

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 5.48.41 PM.png

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

you sold me 3 in those short boxes I got from you. None were high grade and were in my short boxes this past show for $10. Luckily no one bothered with them :whee: 

That’s awesome. I think I have about 10 left. Biding my time...

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

All have MVS stamp? What are you going to do with them?