• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheBook said:

Do not sell any of these books yet:

WHAT IF 10

TOD 10

SME 15

Whoever is telling you to sell now doesn't understand build up or is trying to get you to unload your books for whatever reason I dont know.

These movies look really good (Thor 4, Shang Chi & Blade:banana:) so WAIT!!!

I remember when the Black Panther movie was announced.

If I would of sold my FF 52's immediately it would of obviously been a mistake.

Same with Eternals.

After the Eternals movie was announced it just bumped a little.

Then a few months later as casting news leaked and things became more concrete the book popped.

Wait for the trailer or around 10-30 days before the movie hits if you can wait.

HOLD HOLD HOLD!!!

:flipbait:

Oh yeah BIG SHOUTOUT to the person on the boards who tried to get me to sell my SME15 9.4 saying the movie was already announced and the book was already peaking. :roflmao:

Its all good baby babyyyyyyyy

Did you guys see Simu Liu speak Chinese off top on his introduction?

Who would of thought of Natalie Portman as Thor?!?!?

Blade announcement was the sneaky cherry on top.

MARVEL are marketing geniuses.

Yall aint seen nothing yet...

buy mine

14 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:
16 hours ago, manetteska said:

An auction 8.5 of ToD #10 is over a grand with nearly three days to go. Insane. These are the gravy times, collectors, sell now. 

What about the Eternals books? Sell now or wait for a trailer?

By no means do I know how prices will shake out (no one does); all I know is when I get home today I'm putting my ToD #10 up for sale. I think, for most movies, near-peak pricing is very close to the announcement; in rare cases it may go up later -- perhaps closer to release (but not too close!). I can make near-peak money now, or I can hem-and-haw for quite some time (as no release YEAR has been set -- BLADE is phase 5) about when to sell.

As for Eternals...it's an ensemble movie so perhaps best comparison would be Guardians. See how those prices compared from announcement to release date.

3 hours ago, TheBook said:

WHAT IF 10

TOD 10

SME 15

Whoever is telling you to sell now doesn't understand build up or is trying to get you to unload your books for whatever reason I dont know.

Same with Eternals.

Then a few months later as casting news leaked and things became more concrete the book popped.

Wait for the trailer or around 10-30 days before the movie hits if you can wait.

HOLD HOLD HOLD!!!

Oh yeah BIG SHOUTOUT to the person on the boards who tried to get me to sell my SME15 9.4 saying the movie was already announced and the book was already peaking. :roflmao:

I want some of the drugs this guy is on . . . :roflmao:

7 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I would, it’s part of his origin if it is true.

Then don't forget TOD #13, with Blade's origin story and second appearance.

Edited by namisgr

3 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Then don't forget TOD #13, with Blade's origin story and second appearance.

that's not his 2nd appearance, 2nd appearance is TOD #12...

1 minute ago, namisgr said:
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

that's not his 2nd appearance, 2nd appearance is TOD #12...

Another hot comic.  :banana:

raw, it's pretty hot right now, glad I picked up some spare copies :) the 1st gen (my copy) label doesn't say "2nd appearance" on the label, but all other generation labels do :foryou: 

GetImage.aspx?c=3204760&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

I’m can’t tell if y’all are busting my chops or not 😂. It was a legit point I think! I don’t know Blade that well in the comics but if it was the issue that he became a day walker (which I don’t know is true or not) I would think it would be a important issue is all!

Edited by Xenosmilus

15 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I’m can’t tell if y’all are busting my chops or not 😂. It was a legit point I think! I don’t know Blade that well in the comics but if it was the issue that he became a day walker (which I don’t know is true or not) I would think it would be a important issue is all!

#13 is the origin story, I don't know if it was modified later....

13 hours ago, TheBook said:

WHAT IF 10

TOD 10

SME 15

Same with Eternals.

HOLD HOLD HOLD!!!

Or you know you could take the profit now and roll that money over several times in the amount of time it takes for you to wait and sell these books at their peak. 

11 hours ago, darkstar said:

Or you know you could take the profit now and roll that money over several times in the amount of time it takes for you to wait and sell these books at their peak. 

And you never really know what the market will do.  The book could spike and then the movie gets canned and the book dropped back to the original price.  Book could spike and then a ton of copies come out of the woodwork and the price stabilizes and you waited for nothing.  The book could jump and then jump again right before the movie comes out but why risk holding that long.  Holding until the 1st promo is not a bad idea but you can always sell half of your copies when the 1st jump happens and then sell the rest at the 1st promo.  

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

And you never really know what the market will do.  The book could spike and then the movie gets canned and the book dropped back to the original price.  Book could spike and then a ton of copies come out of the woodwork and the price stabilizes and you waited for nothing.  The book could jump and then jump again right before the movie comes out but why risk holding that long.  Holding until the 1st promo is not a bad idea but you can always sell half of your copies when the 1st jump happens and then sell the rest at the 1st promo.  

I have a few nice Ms.Marvels 1 that I missed the spike cause I waited. But I sold a Marvel Super 13 at my wanted price cause I listed it high and let it sit. Eventually the market hit my price and it sold. It resisted a few time but it was going to sit anyway. I might do it that way with some high grade Eternals. 

My question is will books like Ms.Marvel 1 spike as high when movie number 2 kicks into gear, or has the window gone and it will only be a slow rise?

23 hours ago, manetteska said:
On 7/21/2019 at 6:44 PM, rsouxlja7 said:
On 7/21/2019 at 3:53 PM, manetteska said:

An auction 8.5 of ToD #10 is over a grand with nearly three days to go. Insane. These are the gravy times, collectors, sell now. 

What about the Eternals books? Sell now or wait for a trailer?

By no means do I know how prices will shake out (no one does); all I know is when I get home today I'm putting my ToD #10 up for sale. I think, for most movies, near-peak pricing is very close to the announcement; in rare cases it may go up later -- perhaps closer to release (but not too close!). I can make near-peak money now, or I can hem-and-haw for quite some time (as no release YEAR has been set -- BLADE is phase 5) about when to sell.

As for Eternals...it's an ensemble movie so perhaps best comparison would be Guardians. See how those prices compared from announcement to release date.

Listed ToD #10 at 9pm, sold by the time I woke up today.

Thank you, Kevin Feige!