• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

I don't know, the fact that this latest batch of Marvel characters are being introduced to the masses via cartoons has me doubting their first app. price sustanability. 

I like cartoons as much as the next guy, but movies are big and unavoidable. Cartoons are little and can be skipped, especially on a streaming service. 

But maybe I'm wrong.

16 hours ago, zosocane said:

I would never have believed it back in the day that Devil Dinosaur 1 would one day become a hot Bronze Age Book.

I agree and that's kinda my point. I have been buying them for $1 each over the last few years just like Eternals.
Now I can sell one for $50 in NM raw.

1 minute ago, Wipple said:

08366EB0-5569-42F9-AC00-52063528464E.jpeg

36C8BB61-3F2D-4CBA-9206-F620EECE9574.jpeg

969814A1-F0D4-49C3-B2C5-38BB79E3F329.jpeg

Savage She-Hulk 1 2/80 Marvel Comics
Modern
9.0 WHITE

Modern
8.5 WHITE

Modern
9.4 WHITE

Modern
9.4 WHITE

Modern
9.4 WHITE

Modern
9.0 WHITE

Modern
9.6 WHITE

Modern
9.2 WHITE

Modern
8.5 WHITE

Modern
9.0 WHITE

Modern

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Really come on that's a stretch to compare the two.

Punisher was really dead once upon a time. Anyway, some folks are acting like WWBN 32 is Eternals 1 or some other recently evolved from the dollar box book. It has been spensive for a long while at this point.

2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Would've been better if you already had them slabbed and rode the wave. 

Ideally I do agree but realistically I would have sold them off awhile ago and done very well but not have waited this long.  Timing the market is so tough but i still have until the 1st couple promos come out before the tide really crests.

Just now, 1Cool said:

Ideally I do agree but realistically I would have sold them off awhile ago and done very well but not have waited this long.  Timing the market is so tough but i still have until the 1st couple promos come out before the tide really crests.

I had 3 9.8's in hand. 1 I've been holding onto for a few years now, the other 2 I just recently subbed in anticipation.

The current GPA high is $600 :whistle:

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree and that's kinda my point. I have been buying them for $1 each over the last few years just like Eternals.
Now I can sell one for $50 in NM raw.

Well, bravo to you for having the foresight to accumulate Devil Dinosaur 1s and Eternals 1s well before TV/movie rumors came out.  My fond memory of Eternals 1 and Devil Dinosaur 1 was that it was drek that filled up the quarter bins at any comic shop in the late 70s and 80s.  Literally couldn't give the books away.  My neighbor would come over and offer me a nice stack of Eternals, Human Flys, Devil Dinosaurs and John Carter of Mars in trade for a copy of some random Byrne X-Men or Miller Daredevil issue in my collection, and I'd be like, NFW ...

8 minutes ago, zosocane said:

Well, bravo to you for having the foresight to accumulate Devil Dinosaur 1s and Eternals 1s well before TV/movie rumors came out.  My fond memory of Eternals 1 and Devil Dinosaur 1 was that it was drek that filled up the quarter bins at any comic shop in the late 70s and 80s.  Literally couldn't give the books away.  My neighbor would come over and offer me a nice stack of Eternals, Human Flys, Devil Dinosaurs and John Carter of Mars in trade for a copy of some random Byrne X-Men or Miller Daredevil issue in my collection, and I'd be like, NFW ...

Oh I agree by far. The DD 1s fell in my lap. The Eternals was pure speculation for 2 years before any announcement I just figured they had to look that 
route. I mean until a year ago you could all by issues 1 and 2 for a couple of books in nice grade. Shows you how the market has changed. Pretty soon
Human Fly 1 will be a $50 book. 

52 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I had 3 9.8's in hand. 1 I've been holding onto for a few years now, the other 2 I just recently subbed in anticipation.

The current GPA high is $600 :whistle:

That’s crazy.  I sold a 9.8 for $200 not that long ago (probably a few years ago).

One of my fraternity brothers knew I had a connection with a particular newsstand so he bought every copy of Devil Dinosaur 1 off of it,  thinking I'd be pissed not to get any copies. The joke was on him as I actually distributed  to the stand so he bought my books. I wonder if he still has them. Hopefully he stuck the bag of them somewhere and still has them.

2 hours ago, zosocane said:

I always bought devil dino and Eternals 1 if I saw them at $1 or less, but might have passed at $2. Penny wise pound foolish.

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Oh I agree by far. The DD 1s fell in my lap. The Eternals was pure speculation for 2 years before any announcement I just figured they had to look that 
route. I mean until a year ago you could all by issues 1 and 2 for a couple of books in nice grade. Shows you how the market has changed. Pretty soon
Human Fly 1 will be a $50 book. 

That's exactly how to play the back issue spec game. Buy the laggards cheap as eventually they will rise. (thumbsu

19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

This has always been my strategy - it's left me with 3 NM copies Devil Dinosaur #1, and 5 of Eternals #1 - plus 3 copies of Nova #1, 7 copies of She-Hulk #1, and 11 copies of Ms. Marvel #1. 

"Be greedy when others are fearful..."