• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Did something pop with the Fearsome Five?  New Teen Titans 3 seems to have been gobbled up.

Shimmer & Dr Light on the new season of Titans.

You should really spend the $20 / year investment for Key Collector. Whether you like it or not, agree with it or not, it's worth the price just so you can push your books up a little when news breaks. It won't take long to break even and then you don't have to wait for people on the boards to answer you after your books have sold. :baiting:

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You should really spend the $20 / year investment for Key Collector. Whether you like it or not, agree with it or not, it's worth the price just so you can push your books up a little when news breaks. It won't take long to break even and then you don't have to wait for people on the boards to answer you after your books have sold. :baiting:

But then i would miss our discussions :( 

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Does Key Collector actually give instant notices when books are popping up in price?  I thought it was a simple list of what books are designated as key.

5 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Does Key Collector actually give instant notices when books are popping up in price?  I thought it was a simple list of what books are designated as key.

That's the non-paying feature. If you pay (and set your phone up to allow) you get "key alerts" which are not made available to non-paying for a couple days or so.

Just try it for a month. It's only $2 that way.

Edited by ygogolak

21 hours ago, Roger66 said:

I think this cartoon about sums up how I feel about many a suddenly hot bronze ager.  :devil:

It does feel like the Bronze Age is what the Silver Age was over the last 3 to 5 years or so.  Marvel Studios has basically emptied the Silver Age keg (not completely, but certainly mostly) and has opened a tap on Bronze Age, with all of these announcements spilling out.  

4 hours ago, zosocane said:

It does feel like the Bronze Age is what the Silver Age was over the last 3 to 5 years or so.  Marvel Studios has basically emptied the Silver Age keg (not completely, but certainly mostly) and has opened a tap on Bronze Age, with all of these announcements spilling out.  

Very true but the huge difference is this - a lot of the Silver Age keys that have jumped in price are of iconic characters a la Black Panther, Silver Surfer etc while the Bronze Age keys that are getting stupid prices are of 2nd tier ‘who-cares’ characters mostly - yes there are exceptions to this.  And let’s not forget there are less copies of the Silver Age keys in higher grades than the Bronze Age keys.  I feel a huge bubble is coming on these Bronze Age keys and those buying into these high prices may in time be left w deep regrets. Time will tell... :devil:

On 8/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, Roger66 said:
On 8/28/2019 at 2:16 PM, zosocane said:

Very true but the huge difference is this - a lot of the Silver Age keys that have jumped in price are of iconic characters a la Black Panther, Silver Surfer etc while the Bronze Age keys that are getting stupid prices are of 2nd tier ‘who-cares’ characters mostly - yes there are exceptions to this.  And let’s not forget there are less copies of the Silver Age keys in higher grades than the Bronze Age keys.  I feel a huge bubble is coming on these Bronze Age keys and those buying into these high prices may in time be left w deep regrets. Time will tell... :devil:

Except that the number of collectors has definitely increased, and of course, the size of the hype-machine. :grin:

On 8/28/2019 at 3:16 PM, zosocane said:

Which is why now is the time to be chasing Copper keys...... :whistle:

20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its ironic and just plain arrogant to think with all these websites available for information that any app 
is worth paying for.

Its like that website a few years ago that wanted people to pay him to tell them what comics to buy.
I cant remember the name now I will look it up later.

The latest push is for Gocollect.com now. I mean I get it if you don't want to do the work then its a 
cheap alternative. But honestly between all the speculation web sites, facebook and ebay ended sales
its really not that hard to keep up with books moving.

Trickle in a few websites like Hollywood reporter, Comicalliance, CBR, Yahoo, Some YouTube shows and its all free.
Nobody has it right all the time, but it gives you a round look at the industry in general.

Nobody can keep a secret anymore.

I always enjoy your posts.  and NO one can keep a secret even some of us that do not like to feed the bears (or Spec buyers) .  Even on my Shows we started out as no Speculation talk but that is also what the viewers wanted.  So we started doing Alternative or Undervalued keys that tie in to Mega Keys or Higher end keys.  For Example Avengers 47 and 48 may be High for some but a Bronze age book that has Origin is MSH 17 a Nice Book not for the Black Knight but the Golden age Reprints IMHO but it is heating up.  

16 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I always enjoy your posts.  and NO one can keep a secret even some of us that do not like to feed the bears (or Spec buyers) .  Even on my Shows we started out as no Speculation talk but that is also what the viewers wanted.  So we started doing Alternative or Undervalued keys that tie in to Mega Keys or Higher end keys.  For Example Avengers 47 and 48 may be High for some but a Bronze age book that has Origin is MSH 17 a Nice Book not for the Black Knight but the Golden age Reprints IMHO but it is heating up.  

20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its ironic and just plain arrogant to think with all these websites available for information that any app 
is worth paying for.

Its like that website a few years ago that wanted people to pay him to tell them what comics to buy.
I cant remember the name now I will look it up later.

The latest push is for Gocollect.com now. I mean I get it if you don't want to do the work then its a 
cheap alternative. But honestly between all the speculation web sites, facebook and ebay ended sales
its really not that hard to keep up with books moving.

Trickle in a few websites like Hollywood reporter, Comicalliance, CBR, Yahoo, Some YouTube shows and its all free.
Nobody has it right all the time, but it gives you a round look at the industry in general.

Nobody can keep a secret anymore.

I have found if you buy comics out of love with a manageable budget (with no buying on credit) and only look at these “speculative talk shows” as simply entertainment or a casual reinforcer of your innate-intuitive feelings on keys etc than you cannot really go wrong in this hobby.    If, however, you are into this hobby purely to make money and need someone else to point a finger as to where to buy/invest than you are possibly always going to be behind the 8-ball, chasing your own tail and finding yourself vexed more often then not.  There is a lot of market manipulation (or so I believe) and there are no ‘secrets’ unless you buy into them.  Be wary and have fun......  my 2 cents.  :flamed: