• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yea but now they have a good director on board.  Every step toward solidifying this thing will probably show a bump - how many projected shows never get made.

And who cares - Key Collector says its hot for the 1st time so that is all the masses really need for books to fly off e-bay.  I may need to list a few of the mid-upper grade copies to get in on this action.

Edited by 1Cool

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Yea but now they have a good director on board.  Every step toward solidifying this thing will probably show a bump - how many projected shows never get made.

Yes, agreed. There are peaks and valleys. Buying and selling and selling at optimal times is based on watching for these.
My point of the post was that it was already "optioned".

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, agreed. There are peaks and valleys. Buying and selling and selling at optimal times is based on watching for these.
My point of the post was that it was already "optioned".

I'm just shocked that the original announcement was almost 4 years ago.  No wonder people started thinking the thing was a bust and started selling off their stock of copies.  I've always like the concept and the nice cover would have made me horde copies even without the possibility of a show/movie.

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

I'm just shocked that the original announcement was almost 4 years ago.  No wonder people started thinking the thing was a bust and started selling off their stock of copies.  I've always like the concept and the nice cover would have made me horde copies even without the possibility of a show/movie.

So this is a live action movie. The confusing part is G.I. Joe being in the mix. The new GI Joe movie slated for a 2020 release and has both Paramount and Hasbro listed as some of the partners of the production. So, going by the earlier release, all these movies are supposed to tie in together.
I would have to think ROM would be next over movie like MASK and Visionaries.

ROM in 9.8 had a nice bump when this was announced at the end of 2015. It's now about half the price it was back then. May be a good time to buy.

21 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

So this is a live action movie. The confusing part is G.I. Joe being in the mix. The new GI Joe movie slated for a 2020 release and has both Paramount and Hasbro listed as some of the partners of the production. So, going by the earlier release, all these movies are supposed to tie in together.
I would have to think ROM would be next over movie like MASK and Visionaries.

ROM in 9.8 had a nice bump when this was announced at the end of 2015. It's now about half the price it was back then. May be a good time to buy.

is it a live action?  The guy they slated to produce the movie last did How To Train Your Dragon. 

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

is it a live action?  The guy they slated to produce the movie last did How To Train Your Dragon. 

Yup:

After going big with dragons and animation, the filmmaker is going small and live-action with Micronauts

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/how-train-your-dragon-filmmaker-tackling-micronauts-film-1241159

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Yup:

After going big with dragons and animation, the filmmaker is going small and live-action with Micronauts

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/how-train-your-dragon-filmmaker-tackling-micronauts-film-1241159

I like it.  Cross between Honey I shrunk the Kids and a sci-fi flick.  ROM is a bit more a stretch for me except the villians in ROM are pretty sweet.

41 minutes ago, kimik said:

Interesting. Pre-spec hype or are there new rumors floating around?

I'd call it a resurgence of movie news which have gotten some credence with the hiring of a director.  Unfortuantely I think the days of finding nice #1s in the $5 bins are gone :(

25 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Unlike say Eternals, where there are relevant first appearances scattered throughout the early issues, Micronauts 1 is the only issue that will matter in the run.  Too bad, because the Golden run is a decent read out of the box.  

#8 seems to do pretty well but I would agree the speculation market on Micronauts can't compare to the Eternals run.  Seems like half the Eternals set can be sold for $30 or more in high grade.  I'm still seeing most of the Micronauts run going for $1 each even after the movie news is taking off.

8 hours ago, kimik said:

Interesting. Pre-spec hype or are there new rumors floating around?

I

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'd call it a resurgence of movie news which have gotten some credence with the hiring of a director.  Unfortuantely I think the days of finding nice #1s in the $5 bins are gone :(

This, and the setting of a release date ( June 4, 2021)

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

1cool, you retire now on your micronaut 1s!

I wish!  I'm now in the process of pressing and cleaning the best 20 of them and we will see how they do.  I love the cover so I'll not be sad if there is a dip in price and i have to hold them until the first couple promos.

22 hours ago, 1Cool said:
23 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Unlike say Eternals, where there are relevant first appearances scattered throughout the early issues, Micronauts 1 is the only issue that will matter in the run.  Too bad, because the Golden run is a decent read out of the box.  

#8 seems to do pretty well but I would agree the speculation market on Micronauts can't compare to the Eternals run.  Seems like half the Eternals set can be sold for $30 or more in high grade.  I'm still seeing most of the Micronauts run going for $1 each even after the movie news is taking off.

It's not always about #1s and first apps you know . . . you can change the marketplace by teaching them. :bigsmile: