• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, divad said:

It's not always about #1s and first apps you know . . . you can change the marketplace by teaching them. :bigsmile:

The market place is way too big to change it - its a lot easier for me to change.  The keys books sell quickly for a premium and they sell in droves.  I still post up high grade copies of non keys books but I may get a couple sales a week so no point in bringing up those outlier sales.

5 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
9 minutes ago, divad said:

It's not always about #1s and first apps you know . . . you can change the marketplace by teaching them. :bigsmile:

The market place is way too big to change it - its a lot easier for me to change.  The keys books sell quickly for a premium and they sell in droves.  I still post up high grade copies of non keys books but I may get a couple sales a week so no point in bringing up those outlier sales.

Be the change you want to make. It's not really all about $$$ (unless of course, it is . .  . )

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I wish!  I'm now in the process of pressing and cleaning the best 20 of them and we will see how they do.  I love the cover so I'll not be sad if there is a dip in price and i have to hold them until the first couple promos.

I thought you had half a long box, or is that donut? A guy had two at a yardsale last weekend, but he had them at $15 each! As I have about 5, no need for more as I doubt I could get him under $5.

56 minutes ago, the blob said:

I thought you had half a long box, or is that donut? A guy had two at a yardsale last weekend, but he had them at $15 each! As I have about 5, no need for more as I doubt I could get him under $5.

I've got about 45 copies right now but even if they shoot up to $40 a piece I'm a long way from retiring on them lol  But considering I've probably got $150 invested into them all I'll take that score any day.

29 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I've got about 45 copies right now but even if they shoot up to $40 a piece I'm a long way from retiring on them lol  But considering I've probably got $150 invested into them all I'll take that score any day.

Do you have any listed now though? They will go down by next week.

38 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Do you have any listed now though? They will go down by next week.

Naw - I'm in no hurry.  I think there will be a ton more ups in the future that I can be ready for.  I don't think this will be as big as Eternals 1 but I like the long term prices over the next 2 years.  A ton of mine are nice high grade copies that I'm working on getting ready to submit so that is my 1st priority right now.  Unlike Thor 339 which had 2 weeks of fame I think this one will be around for awhile.

Edited by 1Cool

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

lunch money . . . 

14 hours ago, divad said:

lunch money . . . 

Yea, we gotta eat. Let me get that $$$

NEW HIGH

Shanna the She-Devil #1 CGC 9.8 $950

And, before someone asks, they are talking about having The Savage Land incorporated into the MCU. So I would expect this and others like Ka-Zar to go up. It could also be a way to cross Devil Dinosaur into multiple properties other than just the TV show.

Sweet baby Jesus that was fast.  I got a pulse that Madame Web was getting a film and now every copy of ASM 210 has been bought up.  Literally 10 minutes ago.  I can't imagine madame web being a good movie concept but what does it matter - buy, buy buy!

22 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Sweet baby Jesus that was fast.  I got a pulse that Madame Web was getting a film and now every copy of ASM 210 has been bought up.  Literally 10 minutes ago.  I can't imagine madame web being a good movie concept but what does it matter - buy, buy buy!

Yep I missed that train by about an hour. 

7 hours ago, cd4ever said:
On 9/26/2019 at 10:55 AM, 1Cool said:

Yep I missed that train by about an hour.

Time to sell, sell, sell! :flipbait:

3 hours ago, divad said:

Interesting note: if you sell on eBay using the auction and make offer format (vs. the Best Offer format) the final sale price is not accurately posted in the sold prices index. hm Anyone else notice this?

It's definitely come up in the Golden Age forum. Books worth thousands appear to sell for $5.00...

20 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
3 hours ago, divad said:

Interesting note: if you sell on eBay using the auction and make offer format (vs. the Best Offer format) the final sale price is not accurately posted in the sold prices index. hm Anyone else notice this?

It's definitely come up in the Golden Age forum. Books worth thousands appear to sell for $5.00...

Which, of course, means that some of the data is incorrect hm and using the sold data as a guide (for either buying or selling) is specious, at best.