• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Oh of course

Another short lived “B villain appearance”.

And your point is? Did you forget what thread you were posting in? :p

Edited by divad

20 minutes ago, divad said:

And your point is? Did you forget what thread you were posting in? :p

Hi Dave 😘

Yes I lost myself momentarily on the boredom of what bronze is hot.

Its hot so....screw it!

Its hot

Edited by Shoomanfoo

2 hours ago, Iqc23 said:

Tomb of Dracula 1 1st Dracula. I personally don’t believe this is great book to speculate on but some do.

1st Dracula in comics was well before that. The book to speculate on in the TOD run is #10, and it still has room to grow IMHO.

2 hours ago, Iqc23 said:

Tomb of Dracula 1 1st Dracula. I personally don’t believe this is great book to speculate on but some do.

I just picked one up because I started collecting Marvel Bronze Age Horror's and nothing to do with speculation of the MCU which I'm thinking most people are betting on.  Personally I think Dracula in the MCU would be sort of lame. I am speculative of Tomb of Dracula #44 because Doctor Strange, Blade and Dracula are in it and it might be a template of some kind for the introduction of Blade into the MCU in Doctor strange 2.

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I just picked one up because I started collecting Marvel Bronze Age Horror's and nothing to do with speculation of the MCU which I'm thinking most people are betting on.  Personally I think Dracula in the MCU would be sort of lame. I am speculative of Tomb of Dracula #44 because Doctor Strange, Blade and Dracula are in it and it might be a template of some kind for the introduction of Blade into the MCU in Doctor strange 2.

Dr. Strange 14 would go hand-in-hand with that. Both exist as 30 cent variants also and the DS 14 has a notable orange starburst variant variant (most copies have a yellow starburst).

10 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Dr. Strange 14 would go hand-in-hand with that. Both exist as 30 cent variants also and the DS 14 has a notable orange starburst variant variant (most copies have a yellow starburst).

Like this one I just bought :roflmao:.  I didn't know about orange VS yellow starburst, does it really matter that much?

Edit: Every DS #14 I saw on eBay has an orange starburst.

1572131856.jpg

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 11/10/2019 at 9:03 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Like this one I just bought :roflmao:.  I didn't know about orange VS yellow starburst, does it really matter that much?

Edit: Every DS #14 I saw on eBay has an orange starburst.

1572131856.jpg

The orange starburst is the rare 30 cent variant. The common 30 cent variant is yellow and there is no ghost of stil only 25c like the orange starburst. And yes, all 25c versions have orange starbursts.

2 hours ago, herc2000 said:

The pence copies have yellow starbursts ;-) which also suggests the pence copies were printed nearer the end of the run, as the 30c variants have the yellow starbursts also.

Unless, of course, they started with yellow and ran out, so had to switch to orange at the end of the run...:whistle:

On 11/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Drac had a good run in the marvel comics world for 5 or 6 years. Occasional dealings with super hero types. Have read a few, own more, seemed well written. But yeah, vampires have been done to death since then.