• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

Vampires, along with any of the other classical horror monsters, will come back around again. Zombies have dominated horror for quite long enough now, thanks. 

I think a marvel Dracula film of some sort could be interesting. Not in a big super hero film, obviously. But yeah gimme that Marvel horror big screen candy baby!

I don’t see Marvel investing in any of the public domain monster when they are too easily blunted by another studios take (look no further than the flailing Universal Monsters film franchise) They’d be better off with their own characters. Morbius is shooting, Hellstrom in development, Blade rebooting, - then there’s characters like  Man-wolf,  Lilith, Simon Garth, Man-thing. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, speedcake said:

Vampires, along with any of the other classical horror monsters, will come back around again. Zombies have dominated horror for quite long enough now, thanks. 

I think a marvel Dracula film of some sort could be interesting. Not in a big super hero film, obviously. But yeah gimme that Marvel horror big screen candy baby!

Last few Dracula movies have not done so well. Having the Marvel version of Dracula as a blade nemesis, sure. Let's have the Silver Surfer pop in there too, or Dr. Strange. 

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Last few Dracula movies have not done so well. Having the Marvel version of Dracula as a blade nemesis, sure. Let's have the Silver Surfer pop in there too, or Dr. Strange. 

Start stocking up on TOD 50, baby!

I actually think that it is a really cool book.  My copy is probably only a VG though.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Remember when this was a $20-$25 book like 15-17 years ago? For the life of me I cannot remember why. Probably some crisis event. And Psycho Pirate appearances were hot...

Justice-League-of-America-1960-series-167-in-VG-condition-DC-comics-53

This may be the storyline where Zatanna mind wiped all the bad guys.

Got got  again during Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis.

9 hours ago, the blob said:

Remember when this was a $20-$25 book like 15-17 years ago? For the life of me I cannot remember why. Probably some crisis event. And Psycho Pirate appearances were hot...

Justice-League-of-America-1960-series-167-in-VG-condition-DC-comics-53

15 years ago, 166-168 were hot because of Identity Crisis.

Psycho Pirate appearances in general were not hot, but Animal Man 23 & 24 were because of Psycho Pirate remembering the pre-Crisis continuity.

21 hours ago, the blob said:

Did they not say awhile back, Wesley Snipes was going to be Dracula, lol, please I hope this is not true.

3 minutes ago, herc2000 said:
22 hours ago, the blob said:

Did they not say awhile back, Wesley Snipes was going to be Dracula, lol, please I hope this is not true.

wow! I hadn't heard that, but it sounds hilarious! :foryou: Hoping for the Best From Disney :wishluck: :eek: eek!

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:41 PM, Lazyboy said:

15 years ago, 166-168 were hot because of Identity Crisis.

Psycho Pirate appearances in general were not hot, but Animal Man 23 & 24 were because of Psycho Pirate remembering the pre-Crisis continuity.

I remember selling cgc 9.8 copies right here on these boards for about 125 apiece. way back when. Speculators rock!

I had been wanting an Avengers 196 awhile ago and of course around the time I was going to buy Tasmaster got announced for the Black Widow Movie. Prices don’t seem super crazy but at this point should I just wait like 6 months after the movie has come and gone?

1 hour ago, Mephisto said:

I had been wanting an Avengers 196 awhile ago and of course around the time I was going to buy Tasmaster got announced for the Black Widow Movie. Prices don’t seem super crazy but at this point should I just wait like 6 months after the movie has come and gone?

Only Mephisto knows . . . :bigsmile:

13 hours ago, Mephisto said:

wFas4ue.jpg

(unless you're buying mine...)

Edited by ygogolak