• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, APDallas said:

I heard that BROTHER VOODOO will appear in DR.STRANGE 2. Any confirmation?

I didn’t see any confirmation as yet but it looks like they are looking for a black actor for the movie.  People believe the actor will be playing Voodoo. 

Edited by Iqc23

What you guys think about marvel premiere 28 1st Legion of Monsters as a spec? I believe it’s very undervalued. All the characters is coming to MCU or Disney plus.  

Edited by Iqc23

8 hours ago, Iqc23 said:

What you guys think about marvel premiere 28 1st Legion of Monsters as a spec? I believe it’s very undervalued. All the characters is coming to MCU or Disney plus.  

Yes but when? You could be sitting on the books for awhile. I just picked up a Legion of Monsters #1 because I think it will in a few years hit. 

31 minutes ago, Grib said:

Yes but when? You could be sitting on the books for awhile. I just picked up a Legion of Monsters #1 because I think it will in a few years hit. 

You’re right it could be awhile.  Marvel does have a history of introducing characters and then forming them into a group. It happened with their movies and then forming the Avengers. Also with the Netflix shows and then came the Defenders. Same thing could happen here. 

5 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

It's not a first appearance of any of the characters, just the team. It would seem they would have to come into the MCU as a team for this book to pay off and I don't know how likely that is.

Yea I agree but they don’t have to come in MCU as a team but at some point they have to team up. 

On 2/2/2020 at 5:14 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Is Fantastic Four Annual 6 1st Annihilus a book people are still speculating on for the next MCU phase? Do you guys think the Frank Miller Wolverine 1-4 set will see future movement when the X-Men enter the MCU?

Spec on FF Annual 6 has slowed quite a bit lately but I'd expect it to heat up again.  The Annual 6 is not cold by any means but the speculators have moved on to other books which is pulling down prices a bit.

If i had to bet I'd think the Wolverine Limited will see some jumps but more to do with the quality of the series over him being in MCU.  If / when Miller passes I'd expect this series (and Dark Knight) to get a big jump since they are his pivotal master pieces.  

11 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Spec on FF Annual 6 has slowed quite a bit lately but I'd expect it to heat up again.  The Annual 6 is not cold by any means but the speculators have moved on to other books which is pulling down prices a bit.

If i had to bet I'd think the Wolverine Limited will see some jumps but more to do with the quality of the series over him being in MCU.  If / when Miller passes I'd expect this series (and Dark Knight) to get a big jump since they are his pivotal master pieces.  

Is Miller sick or something?  You make it sound like it's imminent.  

18 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Is Miller sick or something?  You make it sound like it's imminent.  

he never has looked especially healthy to me but I don't have any information about his current health.  I didn't mean to sound like he is going to pass any time soon (he may outlive us all for all i know) but he will pass and I'd expect that set to be the must have comics from him..

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

If / when Miller passes I'd expect this series (and Dark Knight) to get a big jump since they are his pivotal master pieces.  

I’ve never understood this phenomenon.  When an artist or writer passes, it’s not as though the supply of these books suddenly evaporates.  And it’s not as if the quality of these books or their close association with their creator is a secret. 

Not saying I doubt the truthfulness of your statement.  It happened with the passing of Bernie Wrightson.  And I never underestimate the ghoolishness of some sellers. 

I just scratch my head when I see buyers react that way to a creator’s passing that way. 

13 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I’ve never understood this phenomenon.  When an artist or writer passes, it’s not as though the supply of these books suddenly evaporates.  And it’s not as if the quality of these books or their close association with their creator is a secret. 

Not saying I doubt the truthfulness of your statement.  It happened with the passing of Bernie Wrightson.  And I never underestimate the ghoolishness of some sellers. 

I just scratch my head when I see buyers react that way to a creator’s passing that way. 

i think it's a carry over from the art world.  When an artist dies their work usually goes up in value quite a bit.  Maybe people are thinking the artist could copy that particular piece if they are alive which could effect the long term value.  Why do musicians get a resurgence when they die?  It's not like the music becomes better when they are dead.  People just seem to want a piece of a dead artist that they liked and i agree its a bit ghoulish.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

i think it's a carry over from the art world.  When an artist dies their work usually goes up in value quite a bit.  Maybe people are thinking the artist could copy that particular piece if they are alive which could effect the long term value.  Why do musicians get a resurgence when they die?  It's not like the music becomes better when they are dead.  People just seem to want a piece of a dead artist that they liked and i agree its a bit ghoulish.

Well, with artwork, that’s usually one-of-a-kind and even with signed/numbered prints that usually falls below the threshold of “mass-produced” so I can understand that. 

And with the passing of a musician the fans who are running out to by the albums are usually doing so at retail prices.  

And for me, that’s where the comic thing goes off the rails:  fanboys don’t just say ‘hey, I always did kinda liked that creator’s work and I always meant to pick up some of his stuff, I think I’ll do that now’.  No, they go after it with such gusto that they drive the prices up significantly beyond the pre-death prices as if those books were going extinct. 

You’re probably right about Miller’s work, but I don’t think there’s any shortage of TDKR and Wolverine mini to justify that kind of run-up...but it will happen anyway. 

I’ve toyed with the idea of putting together a high-grade CGC run of Miller’s DD books, but honestly one of the things that’s held me back is the fear that I’d get halfway through it, Miller passes, and suddenly books that were reasonable become expensive for no real reason. 

You could well be right, could be a carryover from the art world. Just seems like a false equivalence to me. 

Edited by Number 6

On 2/4/2020 at 3:05 PM, Number 6 said:
On 2/4/2020 at 10:44 AM, 1Cool said:

If / when Miller passes I'd expect this series (and Dark Knight) to get a big jump since they are his pivotal master pieces.  

Is it really true when a comic artist passes it results in value spikes for notable works. I understand signed copies since there obviously won't be any more but for regular blue labels? Would blue label DD 158s see some sort of increase? I don't know that there's too much precedent for this in the cgc era other than Stan. He's another matter altogether though. Maybe there's a precedent for DC creators?

For comic books I think it's just the news (publicity a bad word here?) that the artist has passed away. 

Collectors now have them on their mind and remember they liked their work. 

Personally I wish I had Nick Cardy sign a Teen Titans for me in person - after he passed I seriously

considered buying a Signature Series book, however I didn't do it and now the urgency has passed.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:55 PM, Iqc23 said:

Undervalued ? I think it way overvalued, just my opinion though, I like the cover but the interior artwork leaves a lot to be desired, and prices being what they are at the moment for HG copies I would never buy one. 

24 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Undervalued ? I think it way overvalued, just my opinion though, I like the cover but the interior artwork leaves a lot to be desired, and prices being what they are at the moment for HG copies I would never buy one. 

What are your thoughts on champions #1 from 1975?