• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2020 at 7:44 PM, comic_memories said:

It has quite a bit going for it. Michael Golden art and a great Claremont story,  X-men  / Avengers. first Rogue & Madeline Pryor. Spider-woman and an important story line about Ms Marvel  (loses her powers) after the events in Avengers 200. its been a mid key for a while now.

Worst cover ever. 

14 hours ago, shadroch said:

Worst cover ever. 

And one of the worst stories of the time. Claremont was criticized by his peers for the sloppy story, wonky pacing and poor characterization. I think it was John Byrne who said if Rogue tried to absorb Thor's powers it would be a case of "snap, crackle and pop!" (Thor #304 was one of the many examples of the huge difference between Thor and mortals - Thor channels his power into the Wrecker and almost incinerates him. The Wrecker is begging Thor to stop).

On 3/31/2020 at 9:59 PM, Alawson453 said:

Just checked GPA and $790 is easily above the latest averages by about $300+

Which means it was likely shilled or there will be a NPB.

Lone wolf prices like this exist only in fairy tales.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, littledoom said:

Marvel Spotlight 32 is selling well

They are selling ok but prices are still pretty low for graded copies.  I thought my two CGC 9.6s would be gone by now and I'm only looking for $450 a piece (chump change).

Nothing good about avg an 10. Sold my last copy so decided to read it before I packed it up. Rogue short terrible hair cut like a 80s woman who was in 5 different bowling leagues. Terrible art, story, cover. If this book was wolverine's first appearance then prices would be at least half of what 181s go for. 

I sold all my spotlight 32s before spider-verse. Ones I have picked up since I am holding. I dunno why. I don't follow movie news so any rumors or anything of interest with her or in general? I know although not bronze she hulk ms marvel 2.0 are hot. Most people see movie news, I see books being sold and say must be some movie or disney plus news and look it up then. I dunno if spot 32 will go up much more but dont see it losing value either so wouldn't be in huge rush to sell them. 

On 4/17/2020 at 10:07 AM, Iqc23 said:
On 4/17/2020 at 12:07 AM, pickycollector said:

Any reason for that?

Not sure. It could be because it’s one of the few undervalued bronze comic left. 

I've got short boxes full of undervalued bronze. You want issues of JLA with mediocre art and where absolutely nothing of interest happens? Yeah, I got that. 

8 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I've got short boxes full of undervalued bronze. You want issues of JLA with mediocre art and where absolutely nothing of interest happens? Yeah, I got that. 

Do any of them have the first appearance of nobody-cares man? I’m stocking up big for a movie appearance 😀

On 4/20/2020 at 11:14 PM, Myowncollector said:

Nothing good about avg an 10. Sold my last copy so decided to read it before I packed it up. Rogue short terrible hair cut like a 80s woman who was in 5 different bowling leagues. Terrible art, story, cover. If this book was wolverine's first appearance then prices would be at least half of what 181s go for. 

I sold all my spotlight 32s before spider-verse. Ones I have picked up since I am holding. I dunno why. I don't follow movie news so any rumors or anything of interest with her or in general? I know although not bronze she hulk ms marvel 2.0 are hot. Most people see movie news, I see books being sold and say must be some movie or disney plus news and look it up then. I dunno if spot 32 will go up much more but dont see it losing value either so wouldn't be in huge rush to sell them. 

Tomorrow when you wake up and see this post will you say you were being sarcastic?  :nyah:

56 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Strange Tales 169 - sell on the current Doctor Strange 2 rumor or hold until confirmation (if he is actually in it)? 

Do you need money now? Then sell.

Do you not need the money now? Then wait. Likely to get a slight bump when movie rolls around. 

14 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Do you need money now? Then sell.

Do you not need the money now? Then wait. Likely to get a slight bump when movie rolls around. 

You can't say that for sure; who knows what the economy and the market will be like then....I was on GPA and did searches on several top tier keys and all were down in their most recent sales since last year....I wonder if Woogie ever sold that Marvel Special Edition 9.8, hopefully he did!

1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Strange Tales 169 - sell on the current Doctor Strange 2 rumor or hold until confirmation (if he is actually in it)? 

keep (I'm holding onto mine), I think that character will be used.. it's a key that holds weight on it's own even if he's not used, so I think it's better to just hold onto it.. it's also one of those books that holds weight just because ppl like to speculate on it too

Edited by littledoom

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 10:42 AM, shadroch said:

Worst cover ever. 

Loved the cover as a kid. They needed me to fork over 75 cents or whatever it was ($1?), I needed to see there was going to be a ton of stuff going on in that book and it had friggin everything I was looking for!

I have come to the realization I have a whole short box of Master of Kung Fu... and only one #15 in there (uhg). 3 or 4 16s at least. HOW THE F did I amass a whole short box of this title over the last 27 years (I am certain I had none before I got back into comics in 1993). While I liked some of the covers, I have NEVER read a single issue of the title and know almost nothing about it. What is wrong with me? Did I honestly think filler issues of this title would one day be collectible? On the flip side, other than maybe the 15 and 16s, which possibly might have been $2 box buys, I most certainly paid no more than $1 for any of them and many were 25 cent box purchases, but still... Seriously, I understand owning a box (or more) of Marvel Two In Ones, I've always been fond of the Thing and I actually read them at one point, and Silver Surfers, which I never read, but its a cool character, and Defenders, which I may have read 2 or 3 of, but again, a lot of characters I like, and a box of Ghost Riders, which I have also never read, but they have cool covers...

6 hours ago, the blob said:

I have come to the realization I have a whole short box of Master of Kung Fu... and only one #15 in there (uhg). 3 or 4 16s at least. HOW THE F did I amass a whole short box of this title over the last 27 years (I am certain I had none before I got back into comics in 1993). While I liked some of the covers, I have NEVER read a single issue of the title and know almost nothing about it. What is wrong with me? Did I honestly think filler issues of this title would one day be collectible? On the flip side, other than maybe the 15 and 16s, which possibly might have been $2 box buys, I most certainly paid no more than $1 for any of them and many were 25 cent box purchases, but still... Seriously, I understand owning a box (or more) of Marvel Two In Ones, I've always been fond of the Thing and I actually read them at one point, and Silver Surfers, which I never read, but its a cool character, and Defenders, which I may have read 2 or 3 of, but again, a lot of characters I like, and a box of Ghost Riders, which I have also never read, but they have cool covers...

All of those comparative titles sell well in runs....this is why I was always harping against MSE 15, from my experience in selling at shows no one cared about the title at all - readers or collectors - eventually 15 sold because of the movie rumour.  I sold 16-18 on ebay recently, so if you have a bunch of those books list them now....2-3 years ago, they'd sit forever. 

Edited by spreads

14 hours ago, spreads said:

You can't say that for sure; who knows what the economy and the market will be like then....I was on GPA and did searches on several top tier keys and all were down in their most recent sales since last year....I wonder if Woogie ever sold that Marvel Special Edition 9.8, hopefully he did!

:gossip: he did