• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Marvel Spotlight #5 is heating up after the movie rumors the past couple of days. I may have to part with my 9.4 sooner than expected. :banana:

Agree. Let the "expert speculators" and collectors who get fomo buy them up. When they realize that the economy sucks and the movie is years  and years away if it gets done. I will be there to potentially buy them up if the price falls enough.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, musicmeta said:

Master of Kung Fu was awesome reading for me.  Can't wait for the movie to come out. 

On 5/7/2020 at 4:19 PM, batmiesta said:

Me too, and the Gulacy art is under appreciated I think. 

I enjoyed MoKF too.  It was one of those titles like Doctor Strange that had a lot of quality artists working on it through the series.  For MoKF, Gulacy like Bats mentioned and I thought Day and Zeck were great on the series.  The pairing of Zeck and Day I thought worked very well and then when Day took over, it didn't lose a beat.   Some quality writing in the series as well.

I will say with Gulacy, he was teamed with several inkers throughout his run; some I thought were better suited to his pencils

15 hours ago, kimik said:

Marvel Spotlight #5 is heating up after the movie rumors the past couple of days. I may have to part with my 9.4 sooner than expected. :banana:

This is a book that you can still find in people’s collections for a decent price.

I just bought a nice raw 6.0 for 460.00

Just gotta look and ask questions.

sometimes it takes a while for news to spread or you have those that don’t keep up.

im seeing 5.0s go for 700.00

13 hours ago, telerites said:
On 5/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, musicmeta said:

Master of Kung Fu was awesome reading for me.  Can't wait for the movie to come out. 

On 5/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, batmiesta said:

Me too, and the Gulacy art is under appreciated I think. 

I enjoyed MoKF too.  It was one of those titles like Doctor Strange that had a lot of quality artists working on it through the series.  For MoKF, Gulacy like Bats mentioned and I thought Day and Zeck were great on the series.  The pairing of Zeck and Day I thought worked very well and then when Day took over, it didn't lose a beat.   Some quality writing in the series as well.

I will say with Gulacy, he was teamed with several inkers throughout his run; some I thought were better suited to his pencils

A great read start to finish IMHO :sumo:

On 5/9/2020 at 10:09 PM, musicmeta said:

I never knew it ever cooled off.. Seems like this book has been hot for years like the flame on Johnny Blaze's Skull..always burning!

It's a good book but it's taken off a lot lately!

Same for TOD 1.  I have a beauty CGC 9.4 and it's gone up so much I've been tempting to sell it!

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Should there be a Silver Age comics that are heating up on ebay thread?  they heat up too ya know

There is one someplace in the Silver thread. Now the most regularly viewed one is which SA key will rise the most.

It disappeared right around the time we all started talking about the virus. My thinking is there were no longer any Silver Age doing well on e-bay any longer so no one had anything to report. Hoping I'm wrong, but hey...if anybody notices something...maybe we can get that thread going again? When it was alive, it most definitely was one of my personal favorites.

Seems to be quite a few Invaders Annual 1 selling over the last week.  I don't see any reason but the prices seem to be pretty high.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:20 AM, ninanina said:

It disappeared right around the time we all started talking about the virus. My thinking is there were no longer any Silver Age doing well on e-bay any longer so no one had anything to report. Hoping I'm wrong, but hey...if anybody notices something...maybe we can get that thread going again? When it was alive, it most definitely was one of my personal favorites.

Agree

On 5/19/2020 at 1:20 AM, ninanina said:

Yeah how often does a silver age book heat up? How many since disney fox deal? Its easier for these comic book speculation guys to stock pile newer books and then tell their followers to go out and buy them. 

41 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Yeah how often does a silver age book heat up? How many since disney fox deal? Its easier for these comic book speculation guys to stock pile newer books and then tell their followers to go out and buy them. 

there's not too many undiscovered SA keys.. they're all known hot sellers.. I would say SA are hotter than bronze cop and mod.. everything else "heating" up makes sense.. silver is already "hot"

30 minutes ago, littledoom said:

there's not too many undiscovered SA keys.. they're all known hot sellers.. I would say SA are hotter than bronze cop and mod.. everything else "heating" up makes sense.. silver is already "hot"

Might not be any silver age or any age undiscovered key. Lots of 1st appearances of c and d list characters. Something can heat up. If starfox gets rumored to be in a disney plus show people will be like, hope you hung on to your iron man 55s, its heating back up. Kang silver surfer doom have been specced on hard. Doubled in value, but once its pretty much guaranteed they are in a upcoming movie they will jump even more. Probably good bit more cause I can see them coming down some in next year. But when they are announced. Doom just leaked to be in movie, selling like crazy. 

Another reason no news is movies and tv are shut down. Not filming. Cant release movies that are already made. Won't release them any time soon. How long until movie theaters will be full? Sure they can do direct to video but that makes it so easy for pirates, they won't make as much money doing that long. They need to Asia and Europe market as well. 

On 5/9/2020 at 2:36 PM, Shoomanfoo said:

This is a book that you can still find in people’s collections for a decent price.

I just bought a nice raw 6.0 for 460.00

Just gotta look and ask questions.

sometimes it takes a while for news to spread or you have those that don’t keep up.

im seeing 5.0s go for 700.00

I bought a 5.0 for $275 Canadian four years ago, just saw a 4.5 sell on eBay for $850 Canadian today! 

35 minutes ago, Greatest Lantern said:

I bought a 5.0 for $275 Canadian four years ago, just saw a 4.5 sell on eBay for $850 Canadian today! 

I remember back in 2016 I bought an advertised 2.0 for $70 best offer and that same night an auction ended for a higher grade copy for a lower price... regret not buying that one because I had already committed to buying the 2.0 ... Ghost Rider #1 is a monster book that is never cheap... $100 minimum any grade

On 5/8/2020 at 8:08 PM, littledoom said:

1st Boba Fett SW #42

Honest question:  Is that really the first Boba Fett, or just the 1st Boba Fett Cover?  I'm fuzzy on the order that Star Wars #39-44, Marvel Super Special 16, the paperback, and the treasury all came out in. 

I'm in good shape, I have all but the treasury.  But not sure which is the true first appearance of Boba Fett in comics.

(Note to self:  Track down the ESB treasury sooner rather than later... I would love to see the Williamson art in the large format.)

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Honest question:  Is that really the first Boba Fett, or just the 1st Boba Fett Cover?  I'm fuzzy on the order that Star Wars #39-44, Marvel Super Special 16, the paperback, and the treasury all came out in. 

I'm in good shape, I have all but the treasury.  But not sure which is the true first appearance of Boba Fett in comics.

(Note to self:  Track down the ESB treasury sooner rather than later... I would love to see the Williamson art in the large format.)

the market decided that long ago.. SW 42 has been the first Boba Fett for years... people like the cover also.. first Boba in comic form for sure tho