• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, greggy said:

It's a reprint of Marvel Spotlight 5

I believe the artist was late for whatever reason on the book so they just ran with the reprint even though the cover was meant for another story.

xoxo

greggy

Should’ve checked GCD. :frown:

Anyone have some insights on the rarity of Amazing Spider-man 101 in higher grades VF+? I've collected for 30+ years and I know the standards of rarity have been changed a lot. I remember reading in Overstreet about 15 years ago that Spider-man 50 and lower were relatively hard to find in NM and therefore a good investment. Luckily I followed that advice and found some beauties but I largely ignored early spidey bronze opting for Batman instead. 

I just looked at the census 119 in NM with 112 higher. 3661 total submissions. To me that seems low. Any advice would be great

2 hours ago, mytastebud said:

Anyone have some insights on the rarity of Amazing Spider-man 101 in higher grades VF+? I've collected for 30+ years and I know the standards of rarity have been changed a lot. I remember reading in Overstreet about 15 years ago that Spider-man 50 and lower were relatively hard to find in NM and therefore a good investment. Luckily I followed that advice and found some beauties but I largely ignored early spidey bronze opting for Batman instead. 

I just looked at the census 119 in NM with 112 higher. 3661 total submissions. To me that seems low. Any advice would be great

I don't think it is rare, per se, but the book has ballooned in value so much that people are willing to submit lesser condition copies. As the value of a book goes up, the average grade of a graded copy falls.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:33 PM, littledoom said:

Machine Man 19 1st Hobgoblin and last issue in the run continues to sell at impressive prices

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Jack-o-lantern 

Who becomes the Hobgoblin in Amazing Spider-Man #289.

We're such a pedantic hobby...