• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Getyourcomicshere said:

Neither.

Well, it must be one or the other since you've done it multiple times now.

Its that you can't accept that you're wrong and want to be right.

lol:roflmao:

Not going to happen.

Ever seen a mirror?

Looks like your board name fits you perfectly.

:eyeroll:

You are the embodiment of exactly what is wrong with the hobby and market right now. You not only believe any stupid thing claimed by any random clown, you also spread it without making sure it's accurate.

31 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
1 hour ago, Getyourcomicshere said:

Neither.

Well, it must be one or the other since you've done it multiple times now.

Its that you can't accept that you're wrong and want to be right.

lol:roflmao:

Not going to happen.

Ever seen a mirror?

Looks like your board name fits you perfectly.

:eyeroll:

You are the embodiment of exactly what is wrong with the hobby and market right now. You not only believe any stupid thing claimed by any random clown, you also spread it without making sure it's accurate.

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on X-Men #98, and the Cockrum issues in general.  Seems a lot of these are selling at way higher than GoCollect, I see a 6.0 #94 went for $500 on eBay.  Lots of great stuff in the Cockrum run, and it is one I have started to work on, one that I have always wanted in my collection.  I would hate to think I am getting into this at peak, with a movie announcement being expected sooner or later I think the sky is the limit on these in the short-term, but where do you think prices will settle after the hype is over?  Higher or lower than prices now?

On 9/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, d_russ84 said:

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on X-Men #98, and the Cockrum issues in general.  Seems a lot of these are selling at way higher than GoCollect, I see a 6.0 #94 went for $500 on eBay.  Lots of great stuff in the Cockrum run, and it is one I have started to work on, one that I have always wanted in my collection.  I would hate to think I am getting into this at peak, with a movie announcement being expected sooner or later I think the sky is the limit on these in the short-term, but where do you think prices will settle after the hype is over?  Higher or lower than prices now?

WTF is this GoCollect?  I've had a few people use this as a gauge for offering me prices on books, I don't know where this mess started from but values are based on completed Ebay sales (and at at time when conventions were a thing, in person cash deals between an informed buyer and seller).

1 hour ago, scooter99 said:

In all fairness to GPA, it reminds me of when these boards changed their software.  Many complained, but most adapted to it quickly and moved forward. 

I didn't think they changed much myself. Nothing detrimental. When I go on other boards that haven't upgraded they look ancient. However, I do see people say they left and haven't come back. Oh well.
Thing with GPA is they wanted a cleaner look. Nothing was broken. It was not a chat board and worked fine. I can accept that, but they actually changed the entire functionality and layout for no benefit of mine.

This is interesting. Marvel team up 131, CGC 9.8 first appearance of White Rabbit already going for $400 +  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Marvel-Team-Up-131-Frog-Man-1st-app-of-White-Rabbit-18-in-the-cencus/383722967991?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edited by comic_memories

15 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

This is interesting. Marvel team up 131, CGC 9.8 first appearance of White Rabbit already going for $400 +  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Marvel-Team-Up-131-Frog-Man-1st-app-of-White-Rabbit-18-in-the-cencus/383722967991?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Wow - last GPA recorded 9.8 sale was June of this year (actually only 9.8 sale recorded at all) for $190.  20 9.8s on the census.

22 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

FIFY .

Edited by batmiesta

16 hours ago, comic_memories said:

funny, two bidders retracted bids, 400 and 600 $ something shady is going on

and the hammer fell at $710.00  ... oops

Edited by comic_memories

7 hours ago, comic_memories said:

Wow what's the deal with White Rabbit? She seemed like such a joke of a character way back when. 

11 hours ago, Morganmi said:

Wow what's the deal with White Rabbit? She seemed like such a joke of a character way back when. 

Your right about the seriousness of her character. She was made as a bit of a fun parody. I  can see where she could have an easy popularity on the screen. Crazy evil rich girl dressed sexily. Perfect for television and the movies. . She is romantically interested in Venom so that makes for quite a bit of appeal with fans and  there are many.