• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

Your right about the seriousness of her character. She was made as a bit of a fun parody. I  can see where she could have an easy popularity on the screen. Crazy evil rich girl dressed sexily. Perfect for television and the movies. . She is romantically interested in Venom so that makes for quite a bit of appeal with fans and  there are many.

Yea did a little Google search on her and it could be because they came out with some plastic of her last year also.  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DFo0XmTJ5QHk&ved=2ahUKEwjRxMn4z4nsAhWriOAKHadUBGoQtwIwAnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3ClYpM-bgng-KizSTZ2i1p

Been noticing that book creeping up in price on gocollect for a while now but I thought it had to be a mistake. Guess it's time to open that box and see if my extra copy is worthy of a slab.

14 hours ago, Morganmi said:

Wow what's the deal with White Rabbit? She seemed like such a joke of a character way back when. 

I was just about to post the same question! I collect MTU and have been noticing a price increase all over the title but not to the extent of #131. #62 is on fire also (Marvel is reprinting the book so I think it's linked to the MCU). #60 has increased also, not sure why though...

Edited by Xenosmilus

2 hours ago, comic_memories said:

Your right about the seriousness of her character. She was made as a bit of a fun parody. I  can see where she could have an easy popularity on the screen. Crazy evil rich girl dressed sexily. Perfect for television and the movies. . She is romantically interested in Venom so that makes for quite a bit of appeal with fans and  there are many.

I'm not familiar with either character but the White Rabbit at first glance (based on appearance only) reminds me of Harley Quinn... 

37 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I was just about to post the same question! I collect MTU and have been noticing a price increase all over the title but not to the extent of #131. #62 is on fire also (Marvel is reprinting the book so I think it's linked to the MCU). #60 has increased also, not sure why though...

Not that many Wasp appearances(compared to most characters) only reason I can think of for #60  And for #62 the Super Skrull is bound to show up  soon.  As you said MCU. plus Ms Marvel's early appearances are limited also ( bronze)

51 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm not familiar with either character but the White Rabbit at first glance (based on appearance only) reminds me of Harley Quinn... 

I was thinking about that too when I saw the prices for this issue and Marvel created her before DC's White Rabbit and Harley Quinn,  perfect  femme fatale for the screen.

4 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

I was thinking about that too when I saw the prices for this issue and Marvel created her before DC's White Rabbit and Harley Quinn,  perfect  femme fatale for the screen.

Maybe our assumptions are incorrect and the increase is due to Frog Man and not the White Rabbit!:roflmao:

Conan on Netflix announced. I was the first to get to eBay and pick up a slab, an 8.5 for $425 shipped (below 90 day GPA of $470). Since then sales are as follows

8.0 - $600 (90 GPA - $390)

6.5 - $400 ($271)

9.2 - $950! ($654)

8.0 - $525 ($390)

Does that classify as heating up?!?

15 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Conan on Netflix announced. I was the first to get to eBay and pick up a slab, an 8.5 for $425 shipped (below 90 day GPA of $470). Since then sales are as follows

6.5 - $400 ($271)

9.2 - $950! ($654)

8.0 - $525 ($390)

(thumbsu

This is Conan 1? I haven't read the announcement but I am curious to see movement on Conan 23, 24

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

6.5 - $400 ($271)

9.2 - $950! ($654)

8.0 - $525 ($390)

Conan is the big news of the week.. spec wise.. lets not forget Elric or the coveted "hard to find" last issue

6 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm happy and sad with the Conan news.  I still need two more in my run and wish the news come out after I got them LOL.

I'm not sure a Netflix show will increase any issues other than the few first appearances. I think you'll be alright.