• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, batmiesta said:

When you think you can pick up a 9.6 for around $500 yes!

It either means the 9.8 is overpriced (unlikely since 3 sold very quickly at that price), or 9.6s are underpriced, and will also disappear shortly from the supply. I had been looking for this book in 9.8 for a couple months and none were available. I snagged one ~$2400 once these sales happened.

4 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Master of Kung Fu 29, 1st appearance of Razor Fist, is hottt. 

A few years ago, I started building the MoKF run slowly and serenely, having picked the series to collect in part for the peace of no keys to get in the way.

My SME 15 was a panic buy when the movie rumor first hit, but I figured that would be it for this off-the-beaten-path title.

When the buzz started up on 29 maybe a year ago, I frantically checked my long box, saw I didn't have it yet, and drove to my girlfriend's, darkly thinking maybe I was just done with this hobby and this jacked-up market.

When I got there, I calmed down, pulled my phone out of my pocket, found a copy for $10, grimaced, and bought it.

Another bullet dodged, maybe.

I look to see Avengers Annual 10 and Hulk 228 see nice increases this year based of Movie news. 
AA 10 has already seen a nice increase, while Hulk 228 has been stagnant for awhile. I sold dozens
of 228 a few years ago after its first spike. Cap 192 might see a nice adjustment as well since I think
that book is undervalued currently.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I look to see Avengers Annual 10 and Hulk 228 see nice increases this year based of Movie news. 
AA 10 has already seen a nice increase, while Hulk 228 has been stagnant for awhile. I sold dozens
of 228 a few years ago after its first spike. Cap 192 might see a nice adjustment as well since I think

What movie news? I passed on a Hulk 228 for $9 two days ago because I didn’t see it sell for more than $30 in advertised VF/Nm high grades

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

What about Moondragon hype? I remember her being pushed by speculators for something 

8 minutes ago, littledoom said:
4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

What movie news? I passed on a Hulk 228 for $9 two days ago because I didn’t see it sell for more than $30 in advertised VF/Nm high grades

There are rumors of Rogue and Moonstone in Captain Marvel 2 currently. Rogue seems to be the stronger case currently and she has 
a bigger history, but Moonstone in the last few years has been in Ms Marvel books alot. 

At one point I was selling Hulk 228 for around $80-100 in NM a few years go. I would have bought the copy if it 7.0 or better because I buy only cheap.

Edited by fastballspecial

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
8 hours ago, littledoom said:
12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

There are rumors of Rogue and Moonstone in Captain Marvel 2 currently. Rogue seems to be the stronger case currently and she has 
a bigger history, but Moonstone in the last few years has been in Ms Marvel books alot. 

At one point I was selling Hulk 228 for around $80-100 in NM a few years go. I would have bought the copy if it 7.0 or better because I buy only cheap.

So . . . Avengers #12 (1999) would be be Moonstone's First MA Appearance then. hm (Why not? :bigsmile:  They broke them out for heroes first appearing in the SA and BA, examples for the CA anyone?)