• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

The yet another GSXM is on fire post.  Another 9.4 sale another record price at $9900 on 2/18.  This book was at $6175 on 1/24.  Is this real increase?  A possible bubble? I do not think I have every seen a book jump this rapidly.  Two years ago this was a $3200 book. 

3 minutes ago, drotto said:

The yet another GSXM is on fire post.  Another 9.4 sale another record price at $9900 on 2/18.  This book was at $6175 on 1/24.  Is this real increase?  A possible bubble? I do not think I have every seen a book jump this rapidly.  Two years ago this was a $3200 book. 

It’s not just this book. It is keys, semi-keys. Many have seen 50% jumps since December. I’m completely confused by it. Look at uncanny X-men #266 CGC 9.8. It is nearing $1000.

5 minutes ago, drotto said:

GSXM has been going wild, it is true.  I have bid way higher than I was planning to bid on 8.0-9.Xs lately, and I still end up getting outbid.  Every new sale is up 10-20%.

2 minutes ago, FormerReader said:

It’s not just this book. It is keys, semi-keys. Many have seen 50% jumps since December. I’m completely confused by it. Look at uncanny X-men #266 CGC 9.8. It is nearing $1000.

My biggest jumps have all been in X-Books.  I have many of the X-Men keys and semi keys and they have gone nuts. I know  Disney is heavily hinting at the X-Men joining the MCU, but is that enough to drive these increases? All these books are heavily printed to boot.

13 hours ago, drotto said:

BA Marvel keys are relatively easy to play. The pattern has consistently been IH 181 jumps, and the other keys follow over the next year or two. It was only a matter of time for GSX 1 to hit that level. 

14 hours ago, drotto said:

9.2 OW on ha.com is already up to $7200 and  And a 7.0 OW-W for $3500--both with time to go.  And that hits me harder since I don't pay tax on eBay but I do on ha.  Will be interesting to see where they end up, but if I had to guess, they'll make that 9.4 sale seem less outrageous than it did at the time of your post.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-129-NM-MINT-9-8-1st-Kitty-Pryde-Emma-Frost-White-Queen-Sebastian-Shaw-/393128774065?hash=item5b884d09b1%3Ag%3AwKIAAOSwpoBf~2f9&nma=true&si=BWot%2FGKKc61vkuRNOMVjseQmYRA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This was kind of an incredible one to me.  This same book (like literally the same book) was sold by this same seller a month ago for $669.  The buyer even gave him positive feedback.  Suddenly it's back up and now closing at $1200.  

Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on a super reasonably priced FF 94 about a year ago. Where do we see this settling?  To me, now is not the time to buy, super stupid on eBay right now. I've resigned myself for overpaying for this at some point, not because it's the hot thing but I've been working on a FF run. I figure this will peak out and then dip some , hopefully not too high. I don't even think she's the big bad from the show and anticipate some larger reveal in the final two episodes. I am enjoying the show and loving all the little easter eggs they are throwing in.

Never thought Fear 11 would get caught up into this. It's always been a very tough Marvel book to find in high grade. One of the best Marvel horror covers of the 70's.

With VF- range copies getting $150, its scary what a high grade copy 9.6 and above could get now, as its always been one of the tougher Marvel books to come by in grade. 

Edited by Rip