• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I'm just saying that it's not some ridiculously obscure, minor piece of the Marvel Universe.

it is still kind of obscure. It also has a role in Runaways, which I have thus only watched 2 minutes of. I have some work to do on these ancillary shows like Legion (I think I didn't finish the first season), Hellstrom (half way through), Cloak & Dagger (5 minutes into first episode). Any others I'm forgetting? It does seem like putting a show on Hulu is a good way to kill it. I feel like if Hellstrom was on Disney+ and tried a little harder to tie into the MCU folks would be talking about it. I did not think it was bad. A little slow. Jack Lemon's grand daughter has a very good sexy / not sexy thing going on.

2 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

S.H.I.E.L.D. did a good job with everything ..... I  :cloud9: that show :x GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I think they went overboard with the Inhumans stuff. I still enjoyed it, but it felt like too much. I understand Inhumans was where marvel was going when they didn't own mutants/X-Men, but SHIELD was all about Inhumans all the time for too many seasons. I still have 1 1/2 seasons to go. It is going in a different direction in season 6.

For me it was SHIELD, Gotham, and Blacklist that I looked forward to the most each year... bear in mind that we're binge watchers, doing a season at a time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

36 minutes ago, the blob said:

only for some of them, mainly harbinger 1. I never saw my X-O 1, Magnus 1, Rai 0, or Solar 1 take off.

Magnus 0 and 12,  Harbinger 0, Rai 3 and 4 were also quite hot.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/21/2021 at 1:13 PM, Poekaymon said:

9.2 OW on ha.com is already up to $7200 and  And a 7.0 OW-W for $3500--both with time to go.  And that hits me harder since I don't pay tax on eBay but I do on ha.  Will be interesting to see where they end up, but if I had to guess, they'll make that 9.4 sale seem less outrageous than it did at the time of your post.

The 9.6 on Comiclink went off last night for a shade under 19,000

3 minutes ago, FormerReader said:

The front cover on that was a mess. That is a pet peeve of mine when the pages show under the cover. Not sure what that defect is called.

I hate it too. I got my 129 pressed by CCS and it came back like this at a 9.0. I was very happy with the grade, expected lower, but not happy with this. 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Noah Koessel said:

I hate it too. I got my 129 pressed by CCS and it came back like this at a 9.0. I was very happy with the grade, expected lower, but not happy with this. 

image.jpg

This is pressing. A lot of books were not produced to look good pressed to such a degree...I have had it happen to some of my books as well, but it is an omnipresent risk.

44 minutes ago, Noah Koessel said:

When I get books back from CGC for my PC that I feel are overgraded, I sell them and replace them with what I consider to be an accurately graded comic in the same grade. It sucks in some cases (e.g. my previous CGC 9.8 GL 87) as you have to pay considerably more within a couple of months time when books are running, but at least I do not have a book in the run that irks me because I don't feel it is a nice as the stated grade. lol 

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, FormerReader said:

The front cover on that was a mess. That is a pet peeve of mine when the pages show under the cover. Not sure what that defect is called.

I think its called fanning, its a pet peeve of mine also and I shy away from any book that has it and is the reason I don't press my books.

Edited by batmiesta

1 hour ago, FormerReader said:

I really don't mind that 9.6 at all.  What I dislike much more is ones where the spine isn't centered, like in the first of the two links I posted above.  Especially if it is a little bit crooked as well.  

1 hour ago, Poekaymon said:

I really don't mind that 9.6 at all.  What I dislike much more is ones where the spine isn't centered, like in the first of the two links I posted above.  Especially if it is a little bit crooked as well.  

I’m with you there as well. Certain defects don’t bother me as much as others. For me it is obviously dependent on the grade of the book. For a 9.6 it should present nicely. I’m not the owner though so if they are happy then that’s what matters.

On C-L ending tonight in couple of hours are a She Hulk #1 9.8 Rocky Mountain and Swamp Thing #1.9.6.   And not every day you see a Scooby Doo #1 (1970 Gold Key) come up for sale in 7.5 grade!  That could be fun.  Oh poop.  GPA doesn't list C-L results, and i forgot to place tracking bids.  I might have to grab some popcorn and watch the conclusion of this auction.  :popcorn:

Edited by Pantodude