• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I bought my VG+ raw copy of X-Men 94 off the boards a couple of years ago for $160 and boy am I glad I did. sheesh

At the time I thought I was being irresponsible :roflmao:

Yeah, I have a slabbed 9.0 and a raw in the same range as you that I paid around $200 2 years ago, and I also felt as you did. I may let that go soon in my hunt for a unicorn.

Just now, Bird said:

Yeah, I have a slabbed 9.0 and a raw in the same range as you that I paid around $200 2 years ago, and I also felt as you did. I may let that go soon in my hunt for a unicorn.

nice. I can't sell mine as it's a literal key part of my complete run that I'm working on. I do wish I had grabbed another copy or two, but I usually don't collect that way. I get a book I'm looking for and I'm done hunting it, unless another falls into my lap. Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

This is what a couple hundred bucks gets you now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-94-PR-0-5-1975/133588412983?hash=item1f1a7d6a37:g:xXcAAOSwh-Rfv0Uu

20 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Did that sell?! No way! I just noticed it’s from mycomicshop. Here’s the description: Interior is complete. Heavy water damage. Back cover partially stuck to last page. Staple rust. Mold.

Here’s a “2.0” for $265

D88DA926-874C-4D16-99CB-3F3373029942.thumb.png.02fc224ef336bfd23f4ee456f212ea8f.png

Edited by BrooksR

36 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

Did that sell?! No way! I just noticed it’s from mycomicshop. Here’s the description: Interior is complete. Heavy water damage. Back cover partially stuck to last page. Staple rust. Mold.

Here’s a “2.0” for $265

D88DA926-874C-4D16-99CB-3F3373029942.thumb.png.02fc224ef336bfd23f4ee456f212ea8f.png

DAnnng... If that description was legit. I would pay to get it slabbed asap.  Once it's sealed off in the sweet CGC slab, I would take it around my place. 

9 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I never knew that. Is that even earlier?

1st app was Astonishing Tales #6 she's on the cover.

CGC notates, 1st app of Dr Barbara Morse, becomes Bobbi Morse, becomes Mockingbird.

1 minute ago, Beige said:

1st app was Astonishing Tales #6 she's on the cover.

CGC notates, 1st app of Dr Barbara Morse, becomes Bobbi Morse, becomes Mockingbird.

Thank you! She's had quite a journey. I can't recall for certain, and I no longer have MSA #1, but I think her costumed code name in that one might also have been something other than Mockingbird? She's a female Hank Pym, what with all the changes.

14 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you! She's had quite a journey. I can't recall for certain, and I no longer have MSA #1, but I think her costumed code name in that one might also have been something other than Mockingbird? She's a female Hank Pym, what with all the changes.

Interesting.  So what's marvel Teamup 95?

On 3/20/2021 at 9:00 AM, Wolverinex said:

Interesting numbers for 9.4 grade.  How are X-men 94 population numbers compared to GSX-1 in the other grades? 

I will say the rapid price correction is continuing for X-men 94 through the end of this week.   

Yesterday, a 7.0 copy sold for $1750  (congrats again @DocHoppus182)

8.0 sold for $2149

Let it keep going. I bought a 9.4 just before lift off at the end of January for a reasonable price and would love to see it catch up to GSX 1 now. 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:28 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Isn’t it Marvel Super Action (magazine) #1 — origin of Punisher

I remember buying a few of these in the 80's. Spider-Man 129 was getting pretty pricey and very sought after, Punisher had his own series etc

I think shops started pushing this book, there were plenty out there, but not so many 129's. I also think origin books were more important to collectors back then as I would always be seeking them out and shops would always mention origin of ....  for me I collected runs, but I also collected 1st appearance and origin issues. Avengers 58 used to be a big origin issue and that lost a lot of attention 21st century, maybe it's picked up a lot now because of obvious reasons.

Dominic Fortune was not even mentioned in any of the shops I went to, just, Punisher Origin.

Undervalued ones, let's not forget the 1st Foolkiller in Man-Thing 3, he was hot for a short period in the 80's.

Edited by herc2000

On 3/15/2021 at 12:58 AM, WernerVonDoom said:

I had no idea about the value of this book until you said that. Turns out I have 3 decent copies:

MS4A.jpg

MS4B.jpg

MS4C.jpg

This thread is just so awesome and helpful, dug up a solid copy in one of my boxes that I barely remember. So much fun to go box diving for treasure among books that had been quarter, 50-cent and dollar-bin fodder for decades :cloud9: