• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I see at least 4 different artists on that cover. I’d love to see the original art.

KirbyJack did you guess this or take a peek at the GCD notes?

GCD says Marie Severin likely did a cover sketch and handed it off to Jack Kirby.  Kirby penciled then handed it off to Bill Everett to ink.  Then John Romita altered (redrew?) the Falcon.  And finally.... they decided they needed Diamondhead added to the cover so Marie Severin squeezed him in.  (The cover looks off balance with Diamond head squeezed in).

It really would be an interesting piece of original art to look at.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:58 PM, the blob said:

Two sales at $55 and $59.99.. the higher one is maybe a 6.0-6.5? The other one is also mid grade with a wonky spine. So I think it is triple digits for a really nice looking raw copy if one comes up. Frankly, I don't have a guide in front of me, but isn't that what it is in guide in NM?

I picked up a decent copy of this off the boards a few months ago just because it was nice quality and cheap.  I Graded it as a 9.0 and Gocollect right now says it's worth 85$ slabbed just for reference. So I guess if those are going for that much raw than I guess it looks like it is trending up.

Captain America #126.jpg

On 3/24/2021 at 8:45 PM, FlyingDonut said:

1994 $12 = 2021 $21.30.

My tuition in law school in 1994 was $18K a year. Now tuition there is $64K a year. My first apartment (a small studio) on my own in 1997 was $650 a month. It would be $2000 now. But yeah, my first laptop in 1996 cost $1500, refurbished, it was 1/1000th as good as my $600 laptop now. Gas was $1.11 a gallon. A lot of big ticket things are up a lot more than the "official" inflation rate (a figure that is suppressed for political reasons and to keep COLAs on entitlements lower), some stuff is down. 

5 hours ago, ft88 said:

Sold an Xmen 129  VG/F on the boards for $140.  Book is legit.

4 hours ago, batmiesta said:

That book has gone potty recently . 

I think most keys from the Byrne run to be honest have gone up but 129 seems to be moving faster than the rest

8 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

OK, I've got a 9.0 of this.

Now, Falcon..... for the love of God...... don the costume before the "Falcon & Winter Soldier" series ends.

(cgc needs to start putting "1st time Sam Wilson dons Caps costume" on the label too)

IMG_4794.jpeg

That’s a good one. I picked up another copy yesterday to sell so I can keep my high grade copy and not feel bad :)

Edited by littledoom