• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Platt covers moon knight 55 is a beauty

I was talking 1st series. I assumed OP was too. But yeah, the 90s series is a wasteland other than the platt books unless something changed

2 hours ago, dikran1 said:

Holy moly! Couldn’t find it on eBay... maybe a dealer sale? But that’s quite a jump if it’s a legit sale! Been very bullish on this book even at 2k.

21BE1D42-D3B8-440F-A58E-B992A4EDC7F3.jpeg

I think this is it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shazam-28-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-2nd-Appearance-of-Black-Adam-/184723898052?hash=item2b0266fec4%3Ag%3ARJEAAOSw7GpgE7-G&nma=true&si=HP0woy%2FDB5QTbWpLSkLjTlPvtQ8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

11 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Market is officially insane - Godzilla # 1 is somehow a 1K book :whatthe:

Movie hype? There have been 50 Godzilla movies but who knows?

Screenshot_20210404-234125.png

I remember commenting a couple months ago that book was undervalued and under appreciated. 1cool was buying 9.6s for under a $100. I’d rather have buyers paying that for a #1 BA key than a random modern that becomes hot overnight with cheap villain spec 

16 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I remember commenting a couple months ago that book was undervalued and under appreciated. 1cool was buying 9.6s for under a $100. I’d rather have buyers paying that for a #1 BA key than a random modern that becomes hot overnight with cheap villain spec 

True, but $1000 is a bit silly.

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Yea - I bought 3 CGC 9.6s for $85 a piece and quickly sold them for about $175 a piece after the movie was announced and now it looks like even that is a deal.

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

um, a week ago it was a $439 book... i think yogolak needs to investigate price fixing and collusion on these. i know the next godzilla movie just hit HBO, but i haven't heard it is any good

50 minutes ago, the blob said:

um, a week ago it was a $439 book... i think yogolak needs to investigate price fixing and collusion on these. i know the next godzilla movie just hit HBO, but i haven't heard it is any good

um, this is why people (ehem) really should spend a few seconds on the internet before suggesting something serious like price fixing or collusion!    :devil:  The first hit on Google for the movie is yesterday's New York Times article:  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/04/movies/godzilla-vs-kong-box-office.html 

The title:  ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Roars at the Box Office With $48.5 Million

Ongoing big screen success translates into appreciation of related comic books.  That must be among like the top three rules of Comic Book Spec 101.   if this recent success is just another more recent confirmation of Godzilla's staying power,  Godzilla #1 could still be undervalued.  

Edited by Pantodude

1 hour ago, Pantodude said:

um, this is why people (ehem) really should spend a few seconds on the internet before suggesting something serious like price fixing or collusion!    :devil:  The first hit on Google for the movie is yesterday's New York Times article:  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/04/movies/godzilla-vs-kong-box-office.html 

The title:  ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Roars at the Box Office With $48.5 Million

Ongoing big screen success translates into appreciation of related comic books.  That must be among like the top three rules of Comic Book Spec 101.   if this recent success is just another more recent confirmation of Godzilla's staying power,  Godzilla #1 could still be undervalued.  

there was a godzilla movie 2 years ago that was considered a mild flop. gonna be hard to make a clear profit on the $160 million budget in this climate even if this is well received, but HBO Max getting a legit movie every month or so is going to help it survive as a streaming service. mortal combat is not far away. 

i was joking. a few hyperventilated bidders seem to have moved this from a $500 book to whatever the heck it is now, I am dubious the book went from $700s upon release to a real market for $900s+ in a couple of days. but now every ebay seller has readjusted there prices to four digit BINs. it all seems to be s self fulfilling prophecy.

the funny thing is, 9.6ses have gone down according to ebay

Edited by the blob

54 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am dubious the book went from $700s upon release to a real market for $900s+ in a couple of days

I hear you.  But consider this.  If Powerpuff Girls #1 (2000) in 9.8 can almost triple in value since 2020 (almost 200% increase!), then certainly Godzilla #1 in 9.8 can go from $700s to $900s (less than 30% increase!), especially after a successful opening-weekend movie box office?   And come on, it's Godzilla.  GODZILLA!   It's always felt undervalued to me.   

Edited by Pantodude

7 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

I hear you.  But consider this.  If Powerpuff Girls #1 (2000) in 9.8 can almost triple in value since 2020 (almost 200% increase!), then certainly Godzilla #1 in 9.8 can go from $700s to $900s (less than 30% increase!), especially after a successful opening-weekend movie box office?   And come on, it's Godzilla.  GODZILLA!   It's always felt undervalued to me.   

this was a couple of days, and the 700s were up from 500s  few days before that. folks knew a movie was coming.

anyway, is millie bobbie brown delightful? eiza gonzalez is a stunner.