• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,719 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

OK, so it sounds like there's no conflict between eBay and 130point.com/sales, correct?

No, there is for this listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-94-CGC-7-0-/303940546027?hash=item46c444adeb%3Ag%3ANgcAAOSwpHZgY-sl&nma=true&si=Og9z5RVuAKzRf1qGkoz%2FtWv4Ub8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

OK, so it sounds like there's no conflict between eBay and 130point.com/sales, correct?

30 pint says 1900$$

Taxex says $2500

On blue label x-men 94 cgc 7.0 that just sold

I'm away from my laptop now though

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

30 pint says 190$$

Taxes says $2500

On blue label x-men 94 cgc 7.0 that just sold

I'm away from my laptop now though

This is probably the problem... at the bottom of the eBay auction it says

"This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller."

The method to figure out the actual price using "taxex" in the page code probably doesn't work if eBay is actually hiding the details of the auction.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

"This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller."

The method to figure out the actual price using "taxex" in the page code probably doesn't work if eBay is actually hiding the details of the auction.

That makes sense, sorry to interject you into the conversation and not be clear, that's my bad  :)

Thank you for taking the time to understand and get to the bottom of it, as good as an answer as any.

I asked you, since bringing the taxex to our attention, I thought maybe this issue had been run into before

No worries 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

That makes sense, sorry to interject you into the conversation and not be clear, that's my bad  :)

Thank you for taking the time to understand and get to the bottom of it, as good as an answer as any.

I asked you, since bringing the taxex to our attention, I thought maybe this issue had been run into before

No worries 

No problem - I was also confused, but I think the "private auction" aspect may have something to do with it.  It will be interesting to see what GPAnalysis records for the sale (if anything) tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Interesting that it's private but 130point is still able to pull it.  

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Interesting that it's private but 130point is still able to pull it.  

Using the "taxex" method to find prices is public.  130point is likely using the eBay developer programs that require special permissions and eBay gets a fee.  If there wasn't something extra in those eBay developer programs, no one would pay for them. :kidaround:

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

she was so hot in the movie with the mean blonde lady who rips off old people and peter dinklage

Check her out in the dusk til dawn tv show. That’s the first time I ever saw her. Yowza...

15 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

Check her out in the dusk til dawn tv show. That’s the first time I ever saw her. Yowza...

I watched a few episodes of that and I don't remember her, but I felt the show was pretty boring and terrible, so maybe that is why

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Only way to ensure the price goes up tomorrow is by selling your copy today.

Sounds like a gi Joe commercial lol

I usually try to keep it positive, and there have been 100+ threads about the current wild market, but there must be serious manipulation with X-Men 94! I know books have doubled and tripled, with every sale on many books being higher than the last, but these recent numbers on 94 are INSANE. This is coming from someone who has a 7.0 hanging on their wall in the office. I suppose those who can't get a GSX are now "splurging" for a 94, but c'mon! 

After going up to $600+ in January, then nearly doubling to $1100+ ("expected" crazy double prices we've seen in March) and now it nearly doubles again? C'mon! This market is bananas lol