• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

of course, 180 is basically the first appearance of the nomad costume and name, i guess he is steve rogers after a short retirement, and then jack munroe takes over later, but jack munroe was introduced earlier

oops, I sold my 154, but that was an auction, so it went for what it went for. if they're ever doing anything with jack munroe is guess 153 and 154 are things to think about, but honestly, the whole 1950s captain america thing isn't going to play in the MCU

21 hours ago, BrooksR said:

Check her out in the dusk til dawn tv show. That’s the first time I ever saw her. Yowza...

She was just regular hot in godzilla. Her character was supposed to be more mean than alluring.

53 minutes ago, the blob said:

She was just regular hot in godzilla. Her character was supposed to be more mean than alluring.

Yeah she was a vampire stripper in the show, so...

The show itself wasn’t that great.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:42 PM, the blob said:

this was a couple of days, and the 700s were up from 500s  few days before that. folks knew a movie was coming.

anyway, is millie bobbie brown delightful? eiza gonzalez is a stunner.

Had no idea who EIZA gonzalez was until you said that.   You are correct.  I watched the movie last night.

Funny enough, I'm watching Baby Driver tonight, and she's in it too!  I just had no idea who she was the first time I watched,

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Had no idea who EIZA gonzalez was until you said that.   You are correct.  I watched the movie last night.

Funny enough, I'm watching Baby Driver tonight, and she's in it too!  I just had no idea who she was the first time I watched,

I didn't know who she was until the dinklage movie. She played the girlfriend and partner in crime of the mean blonde lady who tortured ben afleck in some movie. I can't remember her name although she won an academy or golden globe for it.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:02 AM, Frederic9494 said:
On 4/7/2021 at 8:52 AM, the blob said:

it is a nice book, but are newsstands from 1981 really selling for a premium? most of my books from 1981 are newsstands

From what I have seen, yes. But others could chime in...

In 1981, the direct edition is probably scarcer . . . :whistle:

43 minutes ago, divad said:

Yes, but given that unsold newsstand could be returned to the distributor this lowers the proportion of available books vs direct edition. Coupled with the fact that comic book dealers typically bag & board some copies right upon reception, its no wonder that there's more high grade direct editions available vs newsstand.... But as I stated above, I personally hate seeing that Spider-Man face on direct edition copies...that's my main driver in choosing between the two.

1 hour ago, divad said:

Not based on ebay slab count. As stated, it was a spec book. Many thousands extra ordered by folks here. Those would be directs. 

Damn even the commons are now expensive! 

nooooooooooooooooooooooo I have become the remember when guy!

I have a local guy who has been selling me comics and toys for almost a decade( a quick flip guy, with a lot of hustle) & over the years he has found some amazing stuff from FF#1 to NYX & everything in-between, I am always honest with him on what the stuff is worth and we go from there. It's not often we can't come to deal that works for both of us. He recently ran into a nice solid early Marvel vf-ish Bronze age collection of mostly ASM & Hulk (137 books total). At some point the books had been picked as most of the heavy keys of the era were gone but whoever hit the books left a lot of stuff because I assume at the time those books had very little value. Anyway I started going over the lot tonight to come up with a fair offer and I am blown away by what just common VF/VF+ bronze are doing these days! HULK 131 is now a legit $30 book?  ASM 112 & 149 are $40 books? I am either getting really old or I am just out of touch because not one book in the lot is rare, hard to find or anything close to a major key with the best 2 book being a Hulk nm 141 & ASM 135 vf & I am looking at dishing out some real money here for what I consider nothing more then common bronze age filler books, I might even have to pass if his number is to high as moving these at those crazy prices seem like it might take some time.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by I am not Glenda

2 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

Damn even the commons are now expensive! 

nooooooooooooooooooooooo I have become the remember when guy!

I have a local guy who has been selling me comics and toys for almost a decade( a quick flip guy, with a lot of hustle) & over the years he has found some amazing stuff from FF#1 to NYX & everything in-between, I am always honest with him on what the stuff is worth and we go from there. It's not often we can't come to deal that works for both of us. He recently ran into a nice solid early Marvel vf-ish Bronze age collection of mostly ASM & Hulk (137 books total). At some point the books had been picked as most of the heavy keys of the era were gone but whoever hit the books left a lot of stuff because I assume at the time those books had very little value. Anyway I started going over the lot tonight to come up with a fair offer and I am blown away by what just common VF/VF+ bronze are doing these days! HULK 131 is now a legit $30 book?  ASM 112 & 149 are $40 books? I am either getting really old or I am just out of touch because not one book in the lot is rare, hard to find or anything close to a major key with the best 2 book being a Hulk nm 141 & ASM 135 vf & I am looking at dishing out some real money here for what I consider nothing more then common bronze age filler books, I might even have to pass if his number is to high as moving these at those crazy prices seem like it might take some time.

s-l1600.jpg

Every bronze age marvel outside of price variants, double covers, and some mark jewelers is common. Maybe not in super high grade, true. You need to stop thinking that way. Hulk 181 is a common book. It has been worth a lot for a long time. Hulk 141 and asm 135 are overlooked semi keys. Whether more filler books hit $30 really depends on luck and whether people believe the grade. Put a book out to auction and you might only get $10. Its a crapshoot

53 minutes ago, MisterX said:

What is the latest Warlock movie rumor anyway? After GotG2, I kinda forgot about him. 

pip might be in gotg 3? he really does not need to be tied to warlock, who is going to be tough to do right in a movie. rocket and pip are going to be an interesting match up on screen. question is, do they miniaturize a regular size actor a la Hobbit / LOTR or find the next Dinklage (maybe they can use Dinklage, I dunno, he may have the physicality for it, but he was just in an avengers movie...). It is interesting that there wasn't backlash from the dwarf acting community about that ... a lot of jobs that could go to dwarf actors and such, serious whitewashing

not sure why i decided to sell one of my ST 179s here in November for $7, which was the going rate for a 4.5-5.0 copy. Now the same one is $35-40. Can't cry because the 7.0 SS I bought then for $70 is probably worth about $170.

Edited by the blob