• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Keep or sell? Received an offer that is not unreasonable. Did this book pop past current prices last time R'As was in a movie? I know he has been in a ton of the TV shows and that doesn't matter. I can just see this exploding if we have a future Batman movie where they replicate this image or something. Not high grade though...

Image 1 - BATMAN 244 RA'S AL GHUL TALIA NEAL ADAMS "THE DEMON LIVES AGAIN"

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Keep or sell? Received an offer that is not unreasonable. Did this book pop past current prices last time R'As was in a movie? I know he has been in a ton of the TV shows and that doesn't matter. I can just see this exploding if we have a future Batman movie where they replicate this image or something. Not high grade though...

How much more can it explode? It’s a cool cover but not a first app. And it’s not high grade. Big “if” if they ever use Ra’s in media again. Undervalued big time tho but we already knew that about DC keys 

Just now, littledoom said:

How much more can it explode? It’s a cool cover but not a first app. And it’s not high grade. Big “if” if they ever use Ra’s in media again. Undervalued big time tho but we already knew that about DC keys 

I think it could get much bigger in 9.6 or 9.8 as a classic cover -- a 9.6 sold in January for $825, which seems cheap nowadays --  but yeah, it doesn't seem to have generated the buzz of 227 despite being one of Adam's best (and him doing the interiors). Not sure if 9.6ses become $1500 or $2000 that necessarily jacks up a mid-grade copy, though it sure can't hurt. 

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

I would sell. That book in that condition is nice to let go. I find it a lot but don't always see it going for decent money. Ebay sales I am seeing make me think I should unload a few...

39 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I would sell. That book in that condition is nice to let go. I find it a lot but don't always see it going for decent money. Ebay sales I am seeing make me think I should unload a few...

The Neal Adams Batmans are criminally undervalued. Here's my BM 244 signed and remarked by the artist, which I have listed on eBay and will not let for less than $675 (lots of view but no takers so far, lol):

Image 2 - Batman 244 CGC SS 7.0 Ra's al Ghul/Talia Neal Adams Cover Signed and Sketched!

Edited by DedalusMan

2 hours ago, DedalusMan said:

The Neal Adams Batmans are criminally undervalued. Here's my BM 244 signed and remarked by the artist, which I have listed on eBay and will not let for less than $675 (lots of view but no takers so far, lol):

Image 2 - Batman 244 CGC SS 7.0 Ra's al Ghul/Talia Neal Adams Cover Signed and Sketched!

Is the sword on this cover supposed to be impaling Batman?  I can't tell because the lines don't touch his skin.

Looks like DC Comics Presents #26 is slowly heating up again. I am constantly saying how undervalued this key is (as well of Brave and the Bold #54).

Don't own a copy of either but will be jumping on a copy of both by years end,

Just hope i don't wait too long (:

56 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Is the sword on this cover supposed to be impaling Batman?  I can't tell because the lines don't touch his skin.

I dont want to ruin the story for you so I'll put it in spoiler

Spoiler

Batman  suffers a sting of a critter, so the fights over an ghul puts sword in the sand and goes home. Later its rectified

32 minutes ago, sagii said:

Looks like DC Comics Presents #26 is slowly heating up again. I am constantly saying how undervalued this key is (as well of Brave and the Bold #54).

Don't own a copy of either but will be jumping on a copy of both by years end,

Just hope i don't wait too long (:

One of these things in not like the other...

DCP 26 is the first appearance of a bunch of characters that are mainstays in the DCU. B&B54 is the first time a bunch of pre-existing characters get together with a spiffy new team name. I LOVE one of them. The other...not so much. 

4 hours ago, the blob said:

I think it could get much bigger in 9.6 or 9.8 as a classic cover -- a 9.6 sold in January for $825, which seems cheap nowadays --  but yeah, it doesn't seem to have generated the buzz of 227 despite being one of Adam's best (and him doing the interiors). Not sure if 9.6ses become $1500 or $2000 that necessarily jacks up a mid-grade copy, though it sure can't hurt. 

Sell. You own a million books anyway...get rid of it

14 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

DCP 26 is the first appearance of a bunch of characters that are mainstays in the DCU. B&B54 is the first time a bunch of pre-existing characters get together with a spiffy new team name. I LOVE one of them. The other...not so much. 

No new team name in B&B #54  :(

40 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Understood

But the Titans story begins in BB54. Yes, not any first appearances like X-Men 1 to GSX1, but it can be compared to BB28 and Avengers 1, so in that regard i think it's underrated. I collect primarily gold now, but came up on bronze age books. Always loved the Titans. Time to reacquire some of that magic :)

58 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Sell; it’s not high grade and the whole two pairs of pants thing kinda dampens the classic cover upside angle. You’ll find more.

That’s one of those things I never really noticed before, but I’ll never unsee now.