• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Strange Tales 178 sold for $9600 on Heritage, does that count as heating up?

Saw another one sell for $8500 on E-bay a couple days ago. So now the underbidder got his copy also.

15 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

But wasn’t the 60k book not only superior in PQ, but QP as well?  (shrug)

No both the other 9.8s auctioned that we've followed here were ow/w. The centering on the 68k was probably similar to this one maybe a tad better? The 60k C-connect was the most aligned but apparently didn't help it match the prior 68k result. 

On 4/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, jimjum12 said:

1st Magus ... Starlin takes the reins ... Top 20 BA cover ... GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo (a friend of Jesus)(thumbsu

Not sure I’d put it’s cover in the top 20, but you’re right.
Strange Tales 178 is, to me, the most significant Warlock comic. Starlin’s work on the character is what really put Warlock on the map. 

On 4/23/2021 at 2:56 PM, 1Cool said:

I noticed a bunch of X-Men 161 selling today so I checked KC and it just says the book is selling today but no reason at all.  Any idea what could prompt a surge in this book since I don't see anything anywhere?

I traded a bunch of 90s filler Batman issues to an LCS today for store credit and picked up a few books, including a really nice-looking 161 for what I felt like was a good value just because I liked the cover and I like that era (their store back issue bins are like a treasure hunt, titles/eras/etc. are all mixed together).

Came home and was looking stuff up online and saw that Key Collector showed a huge increase in sales of this issue between this week and last. Glad I found your post because I was coming here with the same question!

Edited by Jesse-Lee