• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

This is a first app key that I felt has been so undervalued this year. No spec sites talking about it 

That because its not a book named UF4 or whatever that Keanu Reeves comic book is called.

This book is just simply not for sale anywhere, and hasnt been for a long time.

Well I didn’t buy a Conan 23 but grabbed a Conan 24.  Hopefully 24 is the more important issue.  I was waiting on some funds clearing at the bank and within hrs all the 23s are sold out at a reasonable price

18 minutes ago, atrocitus said:

What Conan book is the one to own for the 1st appearance of red Sonja? 

23 is her first appearance and is a full appearance.

24 is a classic cover with a great story and is a must have for Sonja fans.

Everyone should get both!

The other Sonja keys to have are Savage Sword of Conan #1 and probably Kull and the Bararians #3. Then after those I'd rank Marvel Feature #1 and Red Sonja #1.

22 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

The other Sonja keys to have are Savage Sword of Conan #1 and probably Kull and the Bararians #3. Then after those I'd rank Marvel Feature #1 and Red Sonja #1.

Years ago- maybe 1986/87, I put an order in through a smaller dealer in CBG. The ad said to make sure you list alternates.

I think I listed like 30 alternates, and at the bottom of my list were Conan 23 & 24.

The order comes, and I didn’t get much of my original order list, but in the alternates… Conan 23 & 24!

Its high time I got those out and looked them over!

11 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

That because its not a book named UF4 or whatever that Keanu Reeves comic book is called.

It is not an easy book to come across in brick and mortar stores.  In the last 5 years I have been back into into collecting I've been to shops in every city I've been to and have not seen one.  My LCS is very aggressive about buying collections and have had multiples of every bronze age Marvel/DC book out there, but there has only been one of those.  It was a raw 7.0 that I bought 4 years ago for $170. 

2 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I’d put Marvel Feature 1 before the mags since mags have zero street cred 

15 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Man I have this book in raw condition and never got around to getting it graded but I'm very sure it's a 9.8.  I've always been a huge IF fan and sold or traded my collection when I was a teenager. Then 10-12 years later I hunted down all the Marvel Premiere and IF issues to restore my collection. 

I purchased IF 15 probably like 30 years ago at a convention.  It was at the top of my list to get the absolute best one I could find. If I remember correctly, it was the last issue I needed to complete IF 1-15. I went to every comic stand on a mission mad hunt, eventually locating the gem and paid $100 for it. 

It was the first time ever I had paid 100 bucks for a comic.  I remember at the time thinking to myself, what are you doing??? But I wanted that issue badly.   

I think I purchased at the same convention the first appearance of Master of Kung Fu in pristine condition for like 10-15 bucks. I may still have the original price tag on the cover.  I'll have to check.

I haven't gotten that one graded yet either.  I hunted that book down as well only because I loved that awesome cover so much and it was still super cheap to acquire at the time. Ahhh the glory days back then!!!

Very Interesting IF 15 isn't for sale...isn't there many 9.8's floating around out there?

19 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

Why Kull and the Barbarians #3 over #2?  Just because it's the 3rd Sonja cover? 

She has a solo story in #2 as well.