• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

first cameo Soviet Super Soldiers

Soviet Super Soldiers have their own Brave and the Bold 54, which is under the radar: Darkstar, Vanguard (1st app.) and Crimson Dynamo (IIRC; only the other 2 are on the cover) take on Iron Man on the moon in Iron Man #109; much earlier book. 

4 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Soviet Super Soldiers have their own Brave and the Bold 54, which is under the radar: Darkstar, Vanguard (1st app.) and Crimson Dynamo (IIRC; only the other 2 are on the cover) take on Iron Man on the moon in Iron Man #109; much earlier book. 

Yes - and has a sweet Byrne/Austin cover too!

IM109.jpg

5 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I think there are 12 ppl who take up the mantle of Crimson Dynamo, it’s always best to have the original SA one

13 hours ago, jcjames said:
13 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Do we need one ? O.o

Hah! Yeah, just wondering why it would suddenly increase in sales. 

lol it's funny but true, but a reason I like to know, is whether to buy to keep a copy before it's too late. If something is on its way to the stratosphere, I want the knowledge to know if for my collecting I need to get a copy before it is too late ha. There are several "keys" out there, that I'm not interested in and don't follow the market. But with my reading and interests, I use these heating up thread to prioritize books that I want or need, for sure :) 

1 hour ago, pickycollector said:

Today I think that ANY book featuring a first appearance has the potential to significantly increase in value

Yeah it doesn’t really matter if there’s any media project attached to it

Hulk 258 has 1st Ursa Major, who David Harbour just teased as appearing in the movie (probably not much of one): https://thedirect.com/article/black-widow-david-harbour-mcu-superheroes-winter-guard  Pretty easy to CGI a giant drunk bear for 15 seconds. I just sold a copy this morning.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Hulk 258 has 1st Ursa Major, who David Harbour just teased as appearing in the movie (probably not much of one): https://thedirect.com/article/black-widow-david-harbour-mcu-superheroes-winter-guard  Pretty easy to CGI a giant drunk bear for 15 seconds. I just sold a copy this morning.

We currently have the science to make the proper effects for an authentic Winter Guard movie.

I have a plan to make this movie happen, all that I'll need is a group of Russians, some booze, and fists. 

680126148_ScreenShot2021-05-11at5_21_40PM.thumb.png.c3a355ce57a58f97f36cc89e3d6a60d5.png

not sure what the offer was after they stole our taxex, don't feel like going to that other site:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324371711802?hash=item4b860f873a%3Ag%3Ae3EAAOSwOHhfrWt~&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Now I have to hunt my 10 copies of this and M Feature 1 I have scattered around between my conan boxes and misc marvel and the unsorteds. great

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Is this the 'black box' UPC variant? Peak period Byrne/Austin.

I got it from Marvel's website, so it is either they just filled in the UPC for digital/online or...
this is a reprinted version that may have gone out with an action figure(?)

(I don't ever recall seeing a white-boxed reprint of this from way back in the day.)

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

I think there are 12 ppl who take up the mantle of Crimson Dynamo, it’s always best to have the original SA one

True, the original Crimson Dynamo first appears in TOS #46, a silver age book, but that is entirely beside the point I was making. Maybe I was unclear; maybe you misread. 

You had pointed out that Hulk #258 is heating up and includes the first appearance of the Soviet Super-Soldiers, a team comprised on one of the bajillion Crimson Dynamos, Darkstar, Vanguard and Ursa Major. I was just adding that three years earlier, the same team except for Ursa Major, appeared in Iron Man #109, without calling themselves by any team name. That is why I was analogizing it to Brave and the Bold #54 and the Teen Titans. Iron Man #109 has no heat and may as well be grabbed now if the suspicion is there's heat around the team. (As @the blob pointed out, the Hulk #258 heat may only be around Ursa Major, who apparently will appear in the Black Widow movie.)

Soviet Super-Soldiers' individual first appearances:

Crimson Dynamo - TOS #46 (original version, Alex Nevsky). Dmitri Bukharin, the "good guy" Crimson Dynamo of the Soviet Super-Soldiers, first appears in Iron Man #109. But Nevsky was the original "villain" Crimson Dynamo from TOS.

Darkstar - Champions #7

Vanguard - Iron Man #109 (he is Darkstar's brother)

Ursa Major - Hulk #258 (also first time team is called the Soviet Super-Soldiers)

Sorry for any confusion; you put out a lot of good info here and its appreciated! I was just pointiing out a still-under-the-radar Soviet Super Soldiers book.