• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel 26 is certainly the book you want concerning death.

On another movie note...Thor 132 (1st Ego) and 133 (1st full Ego) have skyrocketed in price since the announcement of Kurt Russell playing the character.

Prices on this book are to high to make a sound investment at this point but really "who cares".

The market must been run by those that do not even actually read comics.

Peter Quills father is obviously Ego Prime who is the humanoid version of Ego the living planet.

Thor 199 is the book that will shine and there are nice raw's to be found at good prices.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Am I missing something?

I quite like the idea of people jumping on the wrong issue. There's a couple of really nice covers for the early Ego Prime appearances.

On another movie note...Thor 132 (1st Ego) and 133 (1st full Ego) have skyrocketed in price since the announcement of Kurt Russell playing the character.

Prices on this book are to high to make a sound investment at this point but really "who cares".

Peter Quills father is obviously Ego Prime who is the humanoid version of Ego the living planet.

Thor 199 is the book that will shine and there are nice raw's to be found at good prices.

I quite like the idea of people jumping on the wrong issue. There's a couple of really nice covers for the early Ego Prime appearances.

CGC notes 202 as his first full appearance ???

CGC notes 202 as his first full appearance ???

From what I saw from actually opening the book, there was one panel where Ego mentions sending to earth Ego Prime (1st named?). I didn't see anything else but could have missed it.

From what I saw from actually opening the book, there was one panel where Ego mentions sending to earth Ego Prime (1st named?). I didn't see anything else but could have missed it.

Yes you are correct. I went threw my Thor run and can certainly confirm that Ego Prime's 1st appearance is Thor 202.

And it certainly is a lovely cover and 1st!

I picked up a raw "nm-" of Thor 199 from a seller for $15 + $7 shipping last night ....his description made it sound worse than the pics showed.Gotta love buying from those kinds of sellers.

Didnt know it wasnt the 1st full app of Ego Prime but it's still sharp....

Also made a best offer on a cap marvel 26 cbcs 7.0 that was came up in my ebay alerts....$60 BIN shipped or best offer...offered $45 and it was accepted.I noted media mail was fine, long as it was bubblewrapped n boxed, guy just accepted the offer.

So yeah, there are still flippable buys out there, if you do a bit of leg work.

Thor 202 has a great cover. Then again a lot of Thor issues from around then do.

I agree there are some great covers.which is why i bought a whole run of high grade NM/NM+ Thor's between 200-220 from Superworld Comics back in 2006. Unfortunately i sold them all off 3 years ago doh!

well, it's always been a little bit desireable as a hulk crossover and what not, putting aside high grade slabs, the raw sales are not so eye popping as I think the book is pretty expensive in guide.. maybe it's a shocker that it is selling for close to guide in the wild. high price on that beater at the top of the list though..maybe people didn't actually look at this pic??

So are we now closer to seeing the Villain all us old Avengers fans are looking forward too?

GOG/Avengers

All let someone else mention the name. And it ain't Thanos.

Its still a stretch, but its looking in the right direction now. Wouldn't some of you agree.

Edited by Fastballspecial

So are we now closer to seeing the Villain all us old Avengers fans are looking forward too?

GOG/Avengers

Its still a stretch, but its looking in the right direction now. Wouldn't some of you agree.

What am I missing? ??? That link is from 2014 (shrug)

GOG/Avengers

I put in wrong link give me a second and all fix it.

GOG/Avengers

Still confused.