• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

36 9.8's (shrug)

Still gets a good price for a cameo too...

That is not a lot. And the same logic is applied to hulk 181, ASM 129 etc yet those books and other Bronze Age books continue to climb

You can't compare Wolverine... with...... erm! whats her name?

The only comparison that really comes to mind is that both of their key first appearances were in an issue 180.

Well, if you are talking about scarcity, issue 180, and first appearances, then we should probably be comparing them to Four Color 180. :gossip:

Only a total of 5 graded copies of this book, with the highest graded copy being only a CGC 9.2 copy and with Four Color 180 featuring the first appearance (not just a cameo) of the famous Ozark Ike. lol

Stop dissing my retirement fund lou.

Anyway, this weekend thus far has been a good one on ebay. Have made over 25 sales.. and I had fewer than 100 items up, with about 15 auctions ending friday.

Of course, my wife discovered a leak from a corroded pipe under the kitchen sink, so everything I made will probably go to the plumber, not financial solvency.

Edited by the blob

Ah but the question is where are they now? Did they end up in personal collections across the country? Did they end up dog eared and beat stuffed in a closet? Or is there a massive hoard in Al Capones vault?

I have heard stories of the of the massive quantities of Hulk 181 that were stacked in piles at comic shows. But those seem to all have found a home and the prices keep rising...

5 hours ago, herc2000 said:

Bronze age Swamp Things have been selling fast, had pretty much two sets up on ebay, in the space of a couple of days they've nearly all been sold.

The Wrightson stuff has been long overdue for a bump 2c Which books have been selling for you?

On 2/6/2017 at 10:50 AM, Bronx said:

Ah but the question is where are they now? Did they end up in personal collections across the country? Did they end up dog eared and beat stuffed in a closet? Or is there a massive hoard in Al Capones vault?

I have heard stories of the of the massive quantities of Hulk 181 that were stacked in piles at comic shows. But those seem to all have found a home and the prices keep rising...

Is the Livonia Collection something Harley Yee found / owned? If so, I would say they have all been sold. And yes, probably at shows across the country.

59 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Is the Livonia Collection something Harley Yee found / owned? If so, I would say they have all been sold. And yes, probably at shows across the country.

No!  Todd Lange, ebay seller Zillaf4 had it up for sale years ago, he sold the collection over many weeks, I was lucky enough to win a fair few books( no Warlocks though) and they were all sweet copies, I would say it was well over ten years ago, someone will know for sure.

DC Super-Stars 11 is part of the whole 2nd tier BA female revival, [Add Huntress, PowerGirl, Harlequin to the list] So far in BA All-Star 58 leads the pack, I think this book is probably tougher in high grade, but it is not Z's first app. and not as much notable stuff going on in the book as far as I remember.

Its a 68-pg over sized copy that is not square bound and has a tougher black cover.  There are not a lot of slabs in circulation and I think this book MAY start to ride the coat tails of DC Super-Stars #17, only time will tell, I have a copy somewhere but finding it :insane:

"Also seller states they have the book in high quantity (along with hundreds of other dealers) so why on earth would you bid it up?"

Yes, I don't get that.  People do that here.  I've seen sellers pop in to the sales threads (usually not regulars) bragging about their warehouse load of high grade BA books, etc....  And why exactly do you think that is appealing to the folks here?  Just because they like to post their hoards of a single issue (that they might have spent decades accumulating)?

50 minutes ago, jbud731 said:

DC Super-Stars 11 is part of the whole 2nd tier BA female revival, [Add Huntress, PowerGirl, Harlequin to the list] So far in BA All-Star 58 leads the pack, I think this book is probably tougher in high grade, but it is not Z's first app. and not as much notable stuff going on in the book as far as I remember.

Its a 68-pg over sized copy that is not square bound and has a tougher black cover.  There are not a lot of slabs in circulation and I think this book MAY start to ride the coat tails of DC Super-Stars #17, only time will tell, I have a copy somewhere but finding it :insane:

Prices all over on that #11..I feel bad for the guy who only got $1.85 (with free shipping!) on what may have been a decent copy (his picture is bad), but what looks to be $20+ for VF copies, definitely worth keeping an eye out for it in my boxes (I know I have a few, just don't know what condition)