• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,715 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

Drax ends up in the cerebrospinal fluid of a dead Celestial and there was no effects noted. I expect more from such a bath.

Forgot that...yes, Knowhere is the head of a dead Celestial...PLUS the Celestial planet-killing scene with The Collector. Now, maybe in GOTG2 they are a larger part of the story, but they've already had their "1st appearance".

And agreed, I was fully expecting that yellow brain sludge to have a very positive effect on Drax's powers. He doesn't seem like he has the powers to take out Thanos like he did in Annihilation...got curb stomped by Ronan in GOTG1.

Edited by AGGIEZ

6 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

Forgot that...yes, Knowhere is the head of a dead Celestial...PLUS the Celestial planet-killing scene with The Collector. Now, maybe in GOTG2 they are a larger part of the story, but they've already had their "1st appearance".

And agreed, I was fully expecting that yellow brain sludge to have a very positive effect on Drax's powers. He doesn't seem like he has the powers to take out Thanos like he did in Annihilation...got curb stomped by Ronan in GOTG1.

Yeah, I was elbowing my wife and saying "okay, watch him kick Ronan's butt now" but nothing. It seemed so simple and set-up so nicely.

39 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

That would be the one, though I didn't know they were in GOTG2.

I really don't know if they are on GOTG 2 or not. Repeating a rumor I heard, but I don't follow that stuff that closely (and haven't seen the movie).

11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I prefer another more sexy issue as my pick for a 1st app and I have a lot of copies to prove it.

Sersi? Issue 3

Edited by Ken Aldred

I've got them all, anyway. 

Just curious.

Edited by Ken Aldred

18 hours ago, Bird said:

Drax ends up in the cerebrospinal fluid of a dead Celestial and there was no effects noted. I expect more from such a bath.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but didn't Drax drown in the fluid?

Coming back from the dead is a neat trick. (Though dead doesn't mean much to Marvel)

Drax drowned, stopped breathing, Groot performed some delicate surgery by stabbing him with his finger, and Drax then coughed up all the fluid. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/3/2017 at 6:34 PM, boomtown said:

I really don't know if they are on GOTG 2 or not. Repeating a rumor I heard, but I don't follow that stuff that closely (and haven't seen the movie).

EGO proclaims he is a Celestial.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:53 AM, boomtown said:

I would think he should have mentioned the 30 cent variants for #1 and #2. Those are the two books I would be going after.

They are the most plentiful of the 30c variants, pretty much the easiest to find.

29 minutes ago, jbud73 said:

They are the most plentiful of the 30c variants, pretty much the easiest to find.

I always thought the Howard the Duck variants were the easiest. There was a story here about some guy with a long box full of HTD variants

6 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

I always thought the Howard the Duck variants were the easiest. There was a story here about some guy with a long box full of HTD variants

The Howards and Eternals were both being speculated on at the time so their numbers are a little higher. I grew up in a test market for the 30 cent variants and most books were plentiful until the late 1990s, when collectors started picking dealers stock clean. You would be surprised how often they all still turn up in garage sales around here.

While the Eternals may be a little easier to find, I would estimate they are still 10x more rare than the regular covers. That was my main point, as a speculative buy, they are still the rarest versions of the books.

11 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Yes the HTD are plentiful as well, I think the Eternals are right up there too in terms of number of copies floating around.

On 5/7/2017 at 2:03 AM, NP_Gresham said:

Long box of HTD 3, also a long box of Eternals 1s.

I don't know if I would say Eternals #2 is "just" heating up. The last GPA sale recently is $195. I own the two highest recorded GPA sales for 9.8's with the highest one being $250 in 2015. So the book has been kind of heated up for a while now :)

19 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I don't know if I would say Eternals #2 is "just" heating up. The last GPA sale recently is $195. I own the two highest recorded GPA sales for 9.8's with the highest one being $250 in 2015. So the book has been kind of heated up for a while now :)

Eternals selling at all I feel is some heat, last year I tried selling Eternal #4 my grade an 8.5 to 9.0 on eBay and all I got was a few Watch and no bites. And it was a auction starting at $.99. 

2 minutes ago, Grib said:

Eternals selling at all I feel is some heat, last year I tried selling Eternal #4 my grade an 8.5 to 9.0 on eBay and all I got was a few Watch and no bites. And it was a auction starting at $.99. 

I definitely received the "movie spike" from GOTG. I only bought the books because they were the 1st appearance of the celestials and knowing the Marvel movies were headed towards Infinity War.

So much of this is just pure speculation, just look at the 1st app of Machine Man and how that spiked. Is he even more than just a rumor to be in a movie at this point?

On 5/8/2017 at 8:51 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Long box of HTD 3, also a long box of Eternals 1s.

And how many are left today? hm

I only ask because I no longer have any X-Force 2s . . . catch my drift? :)

Edited by divad