• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I figured haha but had to ask, as some think it's neat or not bothersome, I was curious as to what made an attractive stamp and what made an unnatractive....

Like I bought a dollar book today from a used bookstore that had a sticker on it. It looked freshly put on so I knew it'd be easy to get off lolotherwise I wouldn't have bothered. 

Stickers are deemed yucky (and if they're 40 years old, they are yucky for sure), but a stamp is deemed nostalgic and historical.  who knows.

I bought a collection this summer and there are tons of dates stamps in there. They are the first ones that I have owned (raw) and I like them a lot. I think that they add appeal, as long as they are clean and crisp. It is just goofy and it somehow seems like it fits, not a detraction at all.

5 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

(tsk) I beg to differ

IMG_0494.JPG

That sticker is part of the manufacturing/distribution process, thus is noble and beloved, not added after-the-fact by Joe at the junk shop.

It is just a single book, but it was interesting to note that the recent sales of ASM #202 showed the signed book take quite a hit.

The blue label 9.8 went around $150 more.

At some point the larger market will punish the yellow labels for over-saturation relative to clean blue labels.

Once a book is signed it can never go back. 

I just bought a Marvel Premiere 1 in a solid and nicely presented F+ condition for just under 60 bucks.  

So not "heating" due to the fact that it appears the prices have dropped. but I've wanted one for for a while now.

I had purchased one on the bay for much more a year or so ago that ended up being a VG at best. I wasn't happy with it so sold it and lost money.

I kinda gave up until I've seen an abundance of decent copies at affordable prices. Seems to be a smart buy at current prices since his silver age appearances are a little out of my range for f-vf copies.

1 hour ago, 1p36DSA said:

giant size fantastic four #4 should see a nice bump, kinda scare book for mid 70's marvel anyways, don't see many high grades go up for sale

Ahhhhh...Multiple Man!

Great book and great cover.

Has there been news of him as a movie or TV character? I'm behind the times lol

Any hope for death of? 

2 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

giant size fantastic four #4 should see a nice bump, kinda scare book for mid 70's marvel anyways, don't see many high grades go up for sale

4 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

I just bought a Marvel Premiere 1 in a solid and nicely presented F+ condition for just under 60 bucks.  

So not "heating" due to the fact that it appears the prices have dropped. but I've wanted one for for a while now.

I had purchased one on the bay for much more a year or so ago that ended up being a VG at best. I wasn't happy with it so sold it and lost money.

I kinda gave up until I've seen an abundance of decent copies at affordable prices. Seems to be a smart buy at current prices since his silver age appearances are a little out of my range for f-vf copies.

Might be you got lucky too?  I hope so because I own a few.

1 hour ago, Grib said:

Might be you got lucky too?  I hope so because I own a few.

Well yes I did get lucky as it is luck of the draw bidding on books (bronse or older) without a grade or description and making a judgment from pics alone.

I have noticed the book went down a little bit and there are more available. This is obviously due to popularity and confirmation of character after GoG 2. 

I'm only making an guesstimate and not looking back on concrete sales.

Anyway...as a collector as well I want to add I love the start of his story with counter earth, Man Beast, and the involvement of High Evolutionary. 

Bronse is my favorite "reading era"

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yea, everyone is real hyped about James Franco and a Multiple Man movie.

Yes it's always interesting when there's a casting announcement or big reveal...James Franco was one I would not have expected...but then again the movie industry is transforming and Superhero movies are on par with the big boys like Star Wars so I guess no casting should suprise me at this point.

Well back to what's heating up. Thanks for the people being patient with our Franco banter lol