• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Link?

A few links

http://www.gamesradar.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-director-teases-sylvester-stallone-and-michael-rosenbaums-very-important-new-characters/

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-galaxy-vol-2-sylvester-stallone-character/?view=all

I was wondering if the mentioning of Nova is helped to bring some interest in Nova #1. I don't think Stallone is playing Nova but the question that he might be and is that helping interests? Are sale prices increasing?

47 minutes ago, Grib said:

A few links

http://www.gamesradar.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-director-teases-sylvester-stallone-and-michael-rosenbaums-very-important-new-characters/

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-galaxy-vol-2-sylvester-stallone-character/?view=all

I was wondering if the mentioning of Nova is helped to bring some interest in Nova #1. I don't think Stallone is playing Nova but the question that he might be and is that helping interests? Are sale prices increasing?

Gotcha, I think that rumor lasted a couple of minutes, ha. And just now has been debunked in terms of Stallone.

But, yes, it helped sales of Nova, maybe not for increased prices but more sold.

Wow, 2 Marvel Premiere 28's in 9.8 sold this year.  $1,625 and $2,000.  That is a massive leg up from the last gpa sales in 2014.  I remember Bob Storms had a 9.8 at Wondercon back in 2009 or 2010.  I think he had it priced at $175 or thereabouts.  I settled for his better presenting 9.6 with a perfect wrap. 

16 hours ago, scooter99 said:

Wow, 2 Marvel Premiere 28's in 9.8 sold this year.  $1,625 and $2,000.  That is a massive leg up from the last gpa sales in 2014.  I remember Bob Storms had a 9.8 at Wondercon back in 2009 or 2010.  I think he had it priced at $175 or thereabouts.  I settled for his better presenting 9.6 with a perfect wrap. 

Remember, buy the label not the book! :preach:    :devil:

If the 9.6 looked better then you have a shot at a 9.8 with a squash and resub. There is slight but enough variation between 9.6s and 9.8s based on the grading on any given day to make chasing the $$$ worth it if you want to.

Edited by kimik

I would be grabbing any cheap copies I could right now of any of the main Guardians of the Galaxy first appearances.  3 movies and after the box office comes in for Volume 2 they could be arguably Marvels top cinematic draw.  These characters are becoming household names in front of everyone's eyes.

59 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I would be grabbing any cheap copies I could right now of any of the main Guardians of the Galaxy first appearances.  3 movies and after the box office comes in for Volume 2 they could be arguably Marvels top cinematic draw.  These characters are becoming household names in front of everyone's eyes.

There's still cheap copies of their first appearances?  From my experience, that ship sailed a couple of years ago.

12 hours ago, tomo said:

There's still cheap copies of their first appearances?  From my experience, that ship sailed a couple of years ago.

It did indeed. Even though it featured only the original Guardians, Marvel Super Heroes #18 now sells for a princely sum.

Tales To Astonish #13 (1st Groot) is not cheap even in lower grades, with top grade being 9.2.

The others are not worth it as they are too common in 9.8.

So much for the Guardians.

51 minutes ago, World Devourer said:

It did indeed. Even though it featured only the original Guardians, Marvel Super Heroes #18 now sells for a princely sum.

I remember being scoffed at by a particular clerk as I was buying their two copies of MSH #18 for $10 total, "you do realize that these guys aren't even going to be in the movie, right?"

Selling those and a bunch of early Rockets and 1st appearances nearly bankrolled my entire Action Comics #242 purchase.  Best return on investment ever!

I'd kill to get those early movie spec days back again.

16 hours ago, tomo said:

I would assume the poster was referring to characters that have not yet appeared. There are a big handful of cosmic characters that have still not been used.

I picked up a NM Marvel Spotlight 6 (First Starlord in a comic) for $10 bucks at a shop last month.  Strange Tales 180 can be found out there at still decent prices raw.  Obviousy, Drax and Groot first appearances have blown up where you can't snag one on the cheap but those have different factors associated with it.  (Thanos and pre hero Marvel.) 

On 4/21/2017 at 6:18 AM, tomo said:

I remember being scoffed at by a particular clerk as I was buying their two copies of MSH #18 for $10 total, "you do realize that these guys aren't even going to be in the movie, right?"

Selling those and a bunch of early Rockets and 1st appearances nearly bankrolled my entire Action Comics #242 purchase.  Best return on investment ever!

I'd kill to get those early movie spec days back again.

Well, Yondu's first app is in MSH 18, and he is in the movies, albeit he is quite different, but you still have the mohawk and what not.

17 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Looks like Korvac might getting closing to showing up now. I cant wait I like him so much better than Thanos. Never felt they used him to near his potential.

I myself want KANG! Waves of armies appearing out of nowhere for battle and then quiet contemplation and schemes.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Bird said:

I myself want KANG! Waves of armies appearing out of nowhere for battle and then quiet contemplation and schemes.

I like both, but Avengers 177 just floored me back then. Kang is too many people for me it gives me a headache trying to explain his origin and relatives. He is related to too many Marvel villains.

Just now, fastballspecial said:

I like both, but Avengers 177 just floored me back then. Kang is too many people for me it gives me a headache trying to explain his origin and relatives. He is related to too many Marvel villains.

I loved Avengers Forever when it came out trying to make sense of it all. Then when I tried to re-read it I was like...this is too hard, what were they thinking!