• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, the blob said:

Wikepedia is the ultimate source for all knowledge, so DC WIki can't be far off.

Him doing the inks isn't going to Adams-ize it necessarily, although it seems like her improved the typical Swan horror a bit

Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia, written collaboratively by the people who use it. It is a special type of website designed to make collaboration easy, called a wiki. Many people are constantly improving Wikipedia, making thousands of changes per hour.

16 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia, written collaboratively by the people who use it. It is a special type of website designed to make collaboration easy, called a wiki. Many people are constantly improving Wikipedia, making thousands of changes per hour.

I want to think you aren't really taking me seriously, but are just pretending to.

49 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

DAZZLER confirmed for next X-men movie. Better dig out those X-men #130's.

Nice!

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, ygogolak said:

Possible movie reincarnations.

Personally I just think it's a cool book. I think I have a couple in the PC. Maybe others are starting to realize it as well.

I don't understand why Marvel Premiere #28 is getting so hot... horrible art... Moreover the true 1st appearance of the Legions of Monsters is Legions of Monsters #1 magazine which is much harder to find in high grade. That is the one that should increase in value.

Let's set the record straight...

The 1st appearance of Legion of Monsters is Marvel Premiere #28

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Monsters

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_of_Monsters_(Earth-616)

http://geekandsundry.com/have-a-spooky-halloween-with-marvels-legion-of-monsters/

While the Legion of Monsters title was used previously in an early 1970s horror book, the comic community recognizes that the first true appearance of the Legion of Monsters took place in 1976’s Marvel Premiere #28 by writer Bill Mantlo and artist Frank Robbins.

Edited by da.amazing.spiderman

47 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Overstreet Price Guide says that Legion of Monsters #1 magazine (Sept. 1975) is the origin and 1st app. of Legion of Monsters

Legion of Monsters #1,Different monsters?   I love the cover art of MP#28, but the writing was not great.

11 hours ago, da.amazing.spiderman said:

Let's set the record straight...

The 1st appearance of Legion of Monsters is Marvel Premiere #28

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Monsters

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_of_Monsters_(Earth-616)

http://geekandsundry.com/have-a-spooky-halloween-with-marvels-legion-of-monsters/

While the Legion of Monsters title was used previously in an early 1970s horror book, the comic community recognizes that the first true appearance of the Legion of Monsters took place in 1976’s Marvel Premiere #28 by writer Bill Mantlo and artist Frank Robbins.

Please don't use wikias as credible sources of information for comics.

Legion of Monsters #1: 8-5-75

Marvel Premiere #28: 11-11-75

:gossip: but a lot of people don't like magazines and don't consider them "comics". Still, Marvel Preview #4 sells for a lot more than Marvel Spotlight #6.

10 hours ago, paul747 said:

Legion of Monsters #1,Different monsters?   I love the cover art of MP#28, but the writing was not great.

Where Legion of Monsters magazine has a even better cover and great interior art. I love magazines so I am biased. :bigsmile:

Picture249.jpg

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Where Legion of Monsters magazine has a even better cover and great interior art. I love magazines so I am biased. :bigsmile:

Picture249.jpg

I really like Adams watercolor with ink over it covers. Fantastic style, free flowing yet quick. 

On 6/21/2017 at 8:17 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.  Robbins, like Lee Elias, had a heavily Caniff-influenced style, which Caniff had been using since the late 1930s, so not surprising that it was starting to look dated by then.  

This explains why his Shadow work was his best. His style and the era work nicely together. 

I agree that though some magazines may be the true 1st appearances, most collectors don't deal with mags and buy the first comic appearances and consider that their 1st ones. I own very few magazine sized comics and don't really have a desire to purchase them based solely on size... and money of course. If I did have room to buy comic magazines, I probably would consider collecting them. Maybe some time in the far future.

5 hours ago, Philflound said:

I agree that though some magazines may be the true 1st appearances, most collectors don't deal with mags and buy the first comic appearances and consider that their 1st ones. I own very few magazine sized comics and don't really have a desire to purchase them based solely on size... and money of course. If I did have room to buy comic magazines, I probably would consider collecting them. Maybe some time in the far future.

So... "most collectors" meaning "you"?

No, most collectors. If you don't believe me take a poll. When I had my store, people never came in asking for comic magazines. When I managed my friend's 3 locations, no one ever came in asking for comic magazines short of Mad.