• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, drotto said:

Technically Lockheed is the nickname for the SR-71 (the model of plane used as the X plane and the maker of the plane was Lockheed Martin), and the plane is a large dragon in the fairy tail.  So I do not think it is technically the same character.  As a fully formed character 166 is the first formal Lockheed, although they used the look and name from 153.  He just got shrunk down.

Is 153 technically the first appearance of bamfs also?

I had the opportunity to buy a page from this book about 8 years ago, I thought the $1100 price was a bit steep at the time ( it had a nice Pheonix panel on it) . I have regretted not grabbing it ever since.

they shrunk him down? as they did on the cover of 153, full year before 166? and they used the same name??  Its  uncanny. (pun intended) I'll bet a fan letter woke them up to a great idea.  First appearance in size and future look is on the cover of 153

Edited by comic_memories

So, is Mister Miracle #4 becoming  a true key? First Big Barda and a great Kirby Cover (kinda gives off a Golden Age vibe).

I know it had been selling well for the past few years but it really seems to be ramping up lately in VF/NM or better. On ebay a CGC 9.0 went for $250, raw NM- for $200+, here on the boards a raw NM- went for $195 (to a boardie that tends to know what a good deal is). CGC graded 9.2-9.4 listed at $400-$500+.

Has Big Barda joined the ranks of the DC high dollar female keys?

8 minutes ago, boomtown said:

So, is Mister Miracle #4 becoming  a true key? First Big Barda and a great Kirby Cover (kinda gives off a Golden Age vibe).

I know it had been selling well for the past few years but it really seems to be ramping up lately in VF/NM or better. On ebay a CGC 9.0 went for $250, raw NM- for $200+, here on the boards a raw NM- went for $195 (to a boardie that tends to know what a good deal is). CGC graded 9.2-9.4 listed at $400-$500+.

Has Big Barda joined the ranks of the DC high dollar female keys?

Could be, 2nd / 3rd tier character.

Speaking of 2nd / 3rd tier woman characters, how about Namorita:

Sub-Mariner #50 CGC 9.8 $1,226

13 blue label on the census. Last sale was for $360 in 2016.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, ygogolak said:

Could be, 2nd / 3rd tier character.

Speaking of 2nd / 3rd tier woman characters, how about Namorita:

Sub-Mariner #50 CGC 9.8 $1,226

13 blue label on the census. Last sale was for $360 in 2016.

Meanwhile the GA true first appearance goes for peanuts

5 hours ago, joeypost said:

No one ever said this all had to make sense. Just dollars. 

Define "peanuts"? $1,226 probably gets you a 3.0-4.0 copy (or worse) of Marvel Mystery 82, if you can find one, which doesn't seem that easy as I just hit most of the big dealers and there are zip. I don't have GPA, but it doesn't look like it is an easy one to find. A VF+ copy went for $2875..in 2005. Hasn't everything doubled or tripled since then?

On 1/26/2018 at 12:59 AM, divad said:

I'm seeing some unusual activity in Logan's Run - Remake on the horizon??? hm

I looked at the sold eBay listings and I didn't see any up-price movement, where did you see the unusual activity? I'm hoping it is so because I own a few #1's and it would be nice to see the price go up a little. Here's hoping.

On 1/28/2018 at 11:07 AM, Grib said:

I looked at the sold eBay listings and I didn't see any up-price movement, where did you see the unusual activity? I'm hoping it is so because I own a few #1's and it would be nice to see the price go up a little. Here's hoping.

It appears #6 is trending up a little (again)

On 1/28/2018 at 1:07 PM, Grib said:

I did the same thing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

3 hours ago, Hekla said:

It appears #6 is trending up a little (again)

It will be trending up for the next three months. (you're welcome)

When I see 60 hits on a book that normally gets only 10-12, then whether it sells or not is "unusual" activity.:shy: You guys have to dig a little deeper than <title issue# CGC 9.8 recent sales> to get ahead of the curve.:baiting:

Edited by divad

14 hours ago, divad said:

When I see 60 hits on a book that normally gets only 10-12, then whether it sells or not is "unusual" activity.:shy: You guys have to dig a little deeper than <title issue# CGC 9.8 recent sales> to get ahead of the curve.:baiting:

Um, recent sales is all that matters. In today's market, what something sold for last year is not relevant now.

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Um, recent sales is all that matters. In today's market, what something sold for last year is not relevant now.

Crazy time right now, books peak for a week than drop only to slowly go up. Where is Hero for Hire or Marvel Premiere prices compared to pre show. And yes I do know they are silver books, they are used as examples only. I have a couple of nice Logan Run #6 CGC 9.2, I expect they will go up in price soon only to drop a week after the movie than to slowly go up. It is like the stock market and gambling had a baby. Fun and frustrating.