• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2018 at 2:23 PM, shadroch said:

The Price didn't sell very well and in 1981 not too many shops were bagging magazine type books. It was kind of an odd book. Not a comic, and  not a magazine . Trade paperbacks and graphic novels were still a few years away from really being popular. I remember seeing this in a shop and being turned off by cover price.  I think this book is much rarer than Vanths first appearances in Epic Magazine.

Question I’ve had on the Price:  is there a squarebound version?  Mine is just a magazine in format, but the GCD lists it as a TPB.

49 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I was debating my best offer price before somebody else pulled the trigger.  xD

On 4/25/2018 at 7:03 AM, Jerkfro said:

As I recall, some transaction drama between him and another boardie. Can't find the thread at the moment

Found it - https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/253099-hey-supapimp-you-owe-anfield-fox-a-new-mutants-98/

Man. I cant remember what I did last week let alone what somebody else did 5-6 years ago. Always amazes me of the elephant memory around here. And by no means is that a dig. It's truly a complement.

14 hours ago, PeterPark said:

It was only listed for 5 minutes.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:41 PM, batmiesta said:

Let's be honest, most of us wouldn't have wiped our chocolate starfish with a copy a month or so ago, now because of a movie rumour, numpties are shelling out small fortunes for them, I say to those that have copies, take advantage now.2c

I think I'm selling three copies of Eternals #1 for a friend of mine.  I'll have to go see if he indeed has three copies.  Isn't it only the first 3-4 issues that will sell for a decent price now that the hype is on?

2 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I think I'm selling three copies of Eternals #1 for a friend of mine.  I'll have to go see if he indeed has three copies.  Isn't it only the first 3-4 issues that will sell for a decent price now that the hype is on?

No. I sold the run including the annual for $200 a few weeks ago. Books were mostly VF, but the key issues were a little lower. Listing didn't last more than 7 or 8 hours. Hot. Hawt.

35 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

No. I sold the run including the annual for $200 a few weeks ago. Books were mostly VF, but the key issues were a little lower. Listing didn't last more than 7 or 8 hours. Hot. Hawt.

Mercy,  I have the run but not the annual..I guess I better sell these while they are still on fire. Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

Considering he apparently appears in the film as Bill Foster, Hank Pym's scientist assistant, you'd think Avengers #32 would be the key issue, since it's his first appearance, and introduces him in that role. 

Meh, he's a normie in that issue.

14 hours ago, boomtown said:

No one specs on normie's. I've had a heck of a time moving those Marvel Super Heroes #13 with the normie Carol Danvers.

Carol Danvers vs. Bill Foster, really?
How about someone who has been in multiple movies already, Maria Hill and Phil Coulson. How are those doing and how did they do?

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Carol Danvers vs. Bill Foster, really?
How about someone who has been in multiple movies already, Maria Hill and Phil Coulson. How are those doing and how did they do?

I prefer to go with, " Today's investment crowd, who rarely even read the books, had no clue that Bill Foster ever appeared before Powerman #24". Once the Captain Marvel hype started up it took awhile for word to get out about Marvel Super Heroes #13.  A large percentage of today's investment market have to be pointed in the right direction before they know what to chase after.

But I do agree with you, Danvers is on a different level than Foster.