• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Oh boy....Jesus Leto starring as Morbius is supposed to drive up the price of Amazing Spider-Man #101.   zzz   You all remember him as the Joker in Suicide Squad right... that really helped Suicide Squad prices.

Letting Leto in the MCU is a huge mistake...  Not only will he probably botch the role but he'll probably take down one of my favorite ASM too.

5 hours ago, comicquant said:

Letting Leto in the MCU is a huge mistake...  Not only will he probably botch the role but he'll probably take down one of my favorite ASM too.

It's a Sony production like the Venom spinoff so it won't be considered part of the MCU.

That said I don't disagree that it will most likely be a train wreck.

47 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I don’t hate Leto or his performances...actually like the guy, but I don’t think he’s a reason to run out and set new record highs for asm101 either...

I loved loved loved his Joker but I agree that he is not a reason in and of itself to get excited or change buying patterns.

Edited by Bird

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I loved loved loved his Joker but I agree that he is not a reason in and of itself to get excited or change buying patterns.

Did you really?  I thought it was horrible.  To the point where I had trouble even watching him.  I was so surprised when they announced a oneshot joker movie with him.  I feel like DC is going to have a hard time casting anyone for the role that won’t be outshined by Ledger’s Joker.   

18 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Oh boy....Jesus Leto starring as Morbius is supposed to drive up the price of Amazing Spider-Man #101.   zzz   You all remember him as the Joker in Suicide Squad right... that really helped Suicide Squad prices.

Who's Jesus Leto??? :baiting:

5 hours ago, comicquant said:

Did you really?  I thought it was horrible.  To the point where I had trouble even watching him.  I was so surprised when they announced a oneshot joker movie with him.  I feel like DC is going to have a hard time casting anyone for the role that won’t be outshined by Ledger’s Joker.   

Yes I did. The growling, the attitude, and the chemistry with Margot Robbie! I thought that the scenes with the Joker were among the best n the film.

17 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I always found ASM #101 to be aggressively or overpriced. Try Gulacy's first art in Fear #20 Morbius solo:

pAqzL2K.jpg

Actually not. I find it undervalued compared to Werewolf by night32, Iron man 55, Asm 129, Hulk 181.

I would place value wise ASM 101 higher in price than WWBN32. 

What a classic cover... Spidey in this cas Archie getting b$$ch slapped?

D1D73439-D4C6-4385-B5B5-BE98BD713AD1.jpeg

17 hours ago, namisgr said:

Sold the copy I bought off the rack on Friday on the Boards.

Fear20sale.thumb.jpg.6e46f022f91dd3241dfd91f41f02c65c.jpg

Spidey with 6 arms getting beat down with a looming Morbius and first apperance but adventure into fear does t seem to me as great. same with moon knight and his solo debut or black black panther ff52 and jungle action 5. 

D98BF064-471D-4DD6-B22B-441EB1594F2F.jpeg

20 hours ago, divad said:
On 6/30/2018 at 7:39 PM, Red_Hood said:

Who's Jesus Leto??? :baiting:

https://i.gifer.com/LplL.gif

39 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Morbius' run in Fear hasn't gotten the respect it deserves since the first Morbius runup in the early 90s.

Ah yes, the old days. When comic values spiked because a new series featuring the character was released, not from movie hype.

On 7/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, namisgr said:

Sure, and that's why ASM #101 sells for about 10 times what Fear #20 goes for.

Another option for Morbius is Vampire Tales #1 and #2, featuring the first 2 solo series appearances of the character, drawback being he is not drawn on the covers (but is mentioned in text). Issue #2 isn't as cheap because it features the 1st appearance of Satanna also.

Classic cover? Try Vampire Tales Annual.

wwww.thumb.jpg.20a186ec948475da07083ca1709a34e6.jpg

Edited by boomtown

On 7/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, boomtown said:

Another option for Morbius is Vampire Tales #1 and #2, featuring the first 2 solo series appearances of the character, drawback being he is not drawn on the covers (but is mentioned in text). Issue #2 isn't as cheap because it features the 1st appearance of Satanna also.

Classic cover? Try Vampire Tales Annual.

wwww.thumb.jpg.20a186ec948475da07083ca1709a34e6.jpg

This one also. 

marvel%20preview%208%20001_zpsut8feflr.j