• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, the blob said:

Yes, me too. I have sold a couple over the years for $15 or so. I found another Eternals 1 I missed! I have sold 5 in the last few weeks.

I'm holding on to my Eternals.  I feel like there's a ton of room to grow when an official announcement comes out or even a trailer.  I'm wondering if they might pop up in an Avengers post credit scene. Kind of set the stage for the next Phase. 

2 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

I'm holding on to my Eternals.  I feel like there's a ton of room to grow when an official announcement comes out or even a trailer.  I'm wondering if they might pop up in an Avengers post credit scene. Kind of set the stage for the next Phase. 

I got over $75 for a 5.0 type copy (albeit a pressable one). 

On 1/23/2019 at 3:21 PM, cd4ever said:

Considering how the Marvel movies have gone so far, I'd say we're probably 8–10 years away from another huge storyline to be adapted for the movies. After Avengers Endgame I'd expect them to do another 2 Avengers movies with a big (not huge, like Thanos) confrontation before something huge. Maybe a buildup to Secret Invasion? But then I could also see them adapting House of M in some way to quickly incorporate the Mutant titles into the MCU.

1 hour ago, Grib said:

I'm wondering about the Red Sonja movie/ Singer news and how it will affect the books future. 

He's still on board for Red Sonja.

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

How in the hell does Singer still land jobs?  :facepalm:  

(shrug)  all I can assume is that he's never been found guilty of anything. He has settled out of court though.

8 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Trying to catch up here. Noticed a price jump on ASM 101. What's a double cover of that issue worth? Estimating outer cover 5.0/5.5 and inner 6.5/7.0. Gonna get it graded by CGC.

No price jumps for double covers. Whatever guide is for a 6.5/7.0 grade.

10 hours ago, ninanina said:

No price jumps for double covers. Whatever guide is for a 6.5/7.0 grade.

I've always got a decent premium when selling a book with double covers. It's a bit difficult to predict, but there is a good sized subset of collectors that look for these books.

20 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Trying to catch up here. Noticed a price jump on ASM 101. What's a double cover of that issue worth? Estimating outer cover 5.0/5.5 and inner 6.5/7.0. Gonna get it graded by CGC.

I do think there is a premium with double covers, especially in higher grades, 8.0 ish and above. Yours sounds mid grade. I would take the 7.0 price and maybe add a percentage, maybe 50% tops.

Hottest Bronze Age Key right now is 1979 Marvel Micronauts #1 by far. The 9.8 CGC has doubled since October 2018 ($140-$150) to fetching $240-$300 and climbing almost daily. Up on the hottest comics list to #79 up 771 spots on the list. Check ebay sales. Proof is in the sales. Buy them while you can as cheap as possible. 

2 hours ago, John C. said:

Hottest Bronze Age Key right now is 1979 Marvel Micronauts #1 by far. The 9.8 CGC has doubled since October 2018 ($140-$150) to fetching $240-$300 and climbing almost daily. Up on the hottest comics list to #79 up 771 spots on the list. Check ebay sales. Proof is in the sales. Buy them while you can as cheap as possible. 

Please link to list you’re referencing. Thanks.