• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:14 PM, porcupine48 said:

Boooo! lol You'd be surprised at the demand for vf and above and some keys! Don't trash 'em,bring them to the Ottawa hotel show and I'll trade you some loonies for them!(Too cold to bus down to Jim Durrell lately.)

My days of bringing anything priced under a buck/book are long gone!  Sorry. 

Edited by spreads

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, pickycollector said:

Try to find these in high grade instead

img551.thumb.jpg.7c7cd4a9dce337ab763f38473bf0cfc0.jpg

img552.thumb.jpg.fc2752d1c5fc4e0fbd7ee6aa0ba9824a.jpg

img553.thumb.jpg.571aa934872a6bd05fcfa6219c501ab5.jpg

No doubt these books are tough to find in high grade, but the question is - who cares?  I have some Batman ones because I find them neat and are a part of my Batman collection, but I doubt I would pay anything for them...

12 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Kind of crazy on the values listed - for example, is X-Men #1 in 9.8 really worth $1.4 million

There are other shocking values but that one made me gasp

GPA shows the last 9.8 sold for half a mill 7 years ago.  

Today a million would not shock me.  1.4??  Possible. 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:47 PM, spreads said:

No doubt these books are tough to find in high grade, but the question is - who cares?  I have some Batman ones because I find them neat and are a part of my Batman collection, but I doubt I would pay anything for them...

There are people whom would pay several hundred dollars for these books in such high grade condition.

I would myself pay several hundred dollars for French Heritage Hulk #2,3 and Fantastic Four #1 in similar condition, if anyone has copies to sell.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:57 PM, ygogolak said:

This has been put on the back burner now because of the issues surrounding Singer.

I'm glad, the character in film and comics doesn't need the pre-shooting bad press. I hope they go forward with a new creative team soon.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:58 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Looks like three 9.6 copies have sold for around $1,000 each this month, and someone put up a 9.8 on eBay this week with a BIN/Best Offer at $3,999! It does have White pages, but still... :whatthe:

Someone pounced on that 9.8 last week for $3,500! New all time high price.

:whatthe:

edit to add, I think the census drag on this book is because it is from 1973 and doesn't make the modern tier. Now that it's moving up, more will be showing up!

Edited by mrwoogieman