• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I bought that book off the racks when I was a kid. It was one of my favorites. Thought the character was really cool and it was the first time I had seen anyone carry a pistol with lanyard. Held onto it for the longest time hoping it that would take off, but it never did. Glad to see it finally getting some attention.

They may balance out after the fact, but if you can get in on something before the rush you are in a position to make a fair bit of money, if you can unload it before that balance.

Hulk 271 comes to mind as a perfect example. Close to $200 for a 9.8 now. I think raw NM ones were going for about $10 lol

I bought a 9.8 #271 for ~ $25; 6 months later I sold it for $350 buy it now same day as I listed it. Unreal that someone would pay that.

Wonder Woman #203 in vf/nm @ $20+ 12 bids and 17 watchers. hm

1974 Famous First Edition of Dective Comics #27 @ $25 and 12 bids.

Justice Leage #184 @ $16+ 7 bids and 14 watchers.

More at Lyria Exchange

You didn't mention that the Wonder Woman # 203 is a double cover. :makepoint:

Wonder Woman #203 in vf/nm @ $20+ 12 bids and 17 watchers. hm

1974 Famous First Edition of Dective Comics #27 @ $25 and 12 bids.

Justice Leage #184 @ $16+ 7 bids and 14 watchers.

More at Lyria Exchange

You didn't mention that the Wonder Woman # 203 is a double cover. :makepoint:

That's my fail. I missed it for some reason. :facepalm:

Marvel Preview #7 is the Rocket Raccoon book to have.

It's the true first appearance and talk about tough. 0 in 9.8, 1 in 9.6, 0 in 9.4.

Only a total of 9 copies on the census.

This will change upon my next magazine submission :devil:

Awesome. What grade(s) are you hoping for?

They may balance out after the fact, but if you can get in on something before the rush you are in a position to make a fair bit of money, if you can unload it before that balance.

Hulk 271 comes to mind as a perfect example. Close to $200 for a 9.8 now. I think raw NM ones were going for about $10 lol

I bought a 9.8 #271 for ~ $25; 6 months later I sold it for $350 buy it now same day as I listed it. Unreal that someone would pay that.

People are :screwy:

That right there really makes me consider selling my 9.8

It's the true first appearance and talk about tough. 0 in 9.8, 1 in 9.6, 0 in 9.4.

Please forgive me if I sound mean.

Talk about tough?

This is a magazine, CGC didnt start grading them until a few years ago. These were all considered drek for the past 30 years. Good stories in some? sure.... but value wise, next to nothing.

Why are people using the census in this way? There are plenty of drek books out there that have low, or even NO census. Does that make them tough? No, it makes them books nobody cared about.

There is TONS of this book in existance, most are probably in a few select places, and these people who have them will ever so slowly let them out so they dont ruin the newfound value. Honestly, this can be said for nearly every bronze and copper age book/magazine.

Edited by Silverdream

Please forgive me if I sound mean.

Talk about tough?

This is a magazine, CGC didnt start grading them until a few years ago. These were all considered drek for the past 30 years. Good stories in some? sure.... but value wise, next to nothing.

Why are people using the census in this way? There are plenty of drek books out there that have low, or even NO census. Does that make them tough? No, it makes them books nobody cared about.

There is TONS of this book in existance, most are probably in a few select places, and these people who have them will ever so slowly let them out so they dont ruin the newfound value. Honestly, this can be said for nearly every bronze and copper age book/magazine.

There are vastly more copies of Hulk 271, however, than the Marvel Preview 7. Marvel Preview is $22 in 9.2 in OPG, so not exactly "worthless" even if copies were out there for $5 (unlike Hulk 271, which is $5 in 9.2 and was basically a 50 cent - $1 box book 4 months ago), but yes, not a book that was going to get a ton of slab action before the recent spike because it wasn't really one of the Marvel Preview issues people would be slabbing, unlike #2, and maybe 3-4. Plus, people don't like slabbing magazines, even ones worth a chunk. A magazine slab is HUGE and just turns into a giant PITA. They don't fit in any boxes, they're always in the way!

The frigging irony is I don't have either of these in my massive comic vault! I probably have 5-10 copies of Logan's Run 5 and lord knows what else that has picked up lately, but not one of these?? I have a bunch of the Marvel Preview Starlords, but not this or #4.

This will change upon my next magazine submission :devil:

Awesome. What grade(s) are you hoping for?

well, I'm hoping 9.8 with a press :wishluck: but realistically, probably 9.6 I'm still trying to figure out cgc's take on magazines in high grade.

I can't believe how high the JLA run is going for now. Reminds me of the action on those 2 or 3 mind-wipe/memory loss issues (#159-161?) a couple of years ago that spiked and dropped.........

I'm seeing movement on Nova #1. Not sustainable $$ movement like Iron Man #55 but just a small roar. Looks like books are starting to movie quietly on eBay. I find that fascinating because the new Marvel Now Nova #1 suppose to be really good and I'm thinking people are buying these now with anticipation to flip later. hm

First appearance of New Nova is in Point One from 2011 I believe.