• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Hasn't the shipped sailed as well for Warlock? Its been heavily speculated for a while now.

I don't think so. If he starts appearing in the movies the new buyer/investor collector won't know that the books were speculated a few years earlier, they will just assume that is the current price. Maybe I'm wrong but we will know soon.

On 28/2/2017 at 9:48 PM, the blob said:

They're not shill accounts, they're fee dodging accounts.  If they were shill accounts they would be bidding on each others auctions.  Now, if he was hitting yuge BINS on one account to make the market value appear higher and then selling the same items on one of the other accounts, that would be shilly, but I don't see any evidence of that.  He asks top dollar and has the patience to hold out and sell one book a month from each of the accounts at the price he wants.

I’m curious to know how the strategy of having multiple accounts to reduce fees work.
I like Divad’s approach, and I am sure there is nothing dishonest with it.

2 hours ago, vaillant said:

I’m curious to know how the strategy of having multiple accounts to reduce fees work.
I like Divad’s approach, and I am sure there is nothing dishonest with it.

...for sellers without an eBay Stores subscription—your 50 FREE listings* per month can be Auction-style or fixed price.

You can have multiple eBay accounts – as many as you want in fact, as long as you use a new email address for each account.

A single PayPal account may have up to 8 email addresses,...

Edited by ygogolak

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

...for sellers without an eBay Stores subscription—your 50 FREE listings* per month can be Auction-style or fixed price.

You can have multiple eBay accounts – as many as you want in fact, as long as you use a new email address for each account.

Thanks, I see. So it’s useful if you list more than 50 items per month, not for occasional sellers.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Bingo! (keeps me active, and I find that buyers don't like trolling through eBay stores that much). :foryou:

I try to keep anywhere from 400 to 500 books listed at any given time, or approximately 50 to 60 books per selling account.

17 hours ago, divad said:

Bingo! (keeps me active, and I find that buyers don't like trolling through eBay stores that much). :foryou:

I try to keep anywhere from 400 to 500 books listed at any given time, or approximately 50 to 60 books per selling account.

Do you do auctions only or a combination of auctions & BINs?

Is there any advantage to having a feedback over 1,000 (besides the fact that it hopefully shows you can be trusted) vs. not being able to reach that because of having multiple accounts?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Is there any advantage to having a feedback over 1,000 (besides the fact that it hopefully shows you can be trusted) vs. not being able to reach that because of having multiple accounts?

The drawback is with fewer items for sale in one venue you miss out on combined sales where someone wants to save on shipping.

41 minutes ago, the blob said:

The drawback is with fewer items for sale in one venue you miss out on combined sales where someone wants to save on shipping.

Right, just depends how you sell. I almost never have a buyer purchase two items.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Mostly auctions set at my  personal minimum price; always with a BIN.  I do BINs with Best Offers for books that are lower price (less than $20 BINs) or lower grade (less than VF). Once you're over 100 positives in feedback (all of mine are), I don't think there is any advantage, in fact, just the opposite.  When I buy single books (rarely) I always look for the little guy; I rarely buy from the big sharks. :bigsmile:

Edited by divad

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I've offered free shipping over the last year, but I am re-thinking that.  It hasn't increased my sales; I actually think it's reduced my margins and sales units.  I think offering a $2.99 or $3.99 Priority Mail shipping may be the better way to go.  Combined sales are fewer these days than 3-4 years ago -  I think the market has changed significantly due to all of this 1st App BS.