• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

I definitely received the "movie spike" from GOTG. I only bought the books because they were the 1st appearance of the celestials and knowing the Marvel movies were headed towards Infinity War.

So much of this is just pure speculation, just look at the 1st app of Machine Man and how that spiked. Is he even more than just a rumor to be in a movie at this point?

I know, right? One day 2001:Space Odessey #8 is in the $1 bin, the next day its a $50 book! Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Dogsupreme said:

I know, right? One day 2001:Space Odessey #8 is in the $1 bin, the next day its a $50 book! Did I miss something?

And the prices shot through the roof for 9.8's. I think at the time a couple years ago I sold mine for upwards of $500.

For Machine Man :screwy:

19 hours ago, Logan510 said:

And the prices shot through the roof for 9.8's. I think at the time a couple years ago I sold mine for upwards of $500.

For Machine Man :screwy:

Is MACHINE MAN that POPULAR now? I have not heard anything on any movie or TV series and I don't see him being used by Marvel much. What gives?

And yet MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #32 is still affordable and I would think SPIDERWOMAN 1st appearance would be way up there!

Edited by Dogsupreme
addition spelling

8 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

Is MACHINE MAN that POPULAR now? I have not heard anything on any movie or TV series and I don't see him being used by Marvel much. What gives?

And yet MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #32 is still affordable and I would think SPIDERWOMAN 1st appearance would be way up there!

A 9.8 of MS #32 has a GPA 12 month average of $789.

That seems pretty up there to me for a schlock character.

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

A 9.8 of MS #32 has a GPA 12 month average of $789.

That seems pretty up there to me for a schlock character.

I stand corrected. I did not realize it was up there. Thanks for the info.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:55 AM, 1Cool said:

Nice!  I had my CGC 9.6 #1 signed on the case by Tony Isabella last fall.  It's been sitting around waiting for a couple previews to surface.

Yes I have 5 copies myself so I'm happy to see this news as well

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Yo don’t. You just can hide them.

Thanks, and I thought "hide" had more to do with hiding threads/users from *you* viewing them, like it does on other forums.

Not to steer too far away from Eternals because I like it, I found something yesterday I had never seen before.

I found a DC Comics Presents 26 in basically VG shape for next to nothing, but what I found interesting it has the Mark Jeweler insert. Anyone else seen a DC Presents 26 with the Insert?

How will that affect the valuation of the book? I realize its only a VG copy, but how does insert reflect on the book overall? Is it desire able to have it more then it just being DCP 26 to begin with?

17 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Not to steer too far away from Eternals because I like it, I found something yesterday I had never seen before.

I found a DC Comics Presents 26 in basically VG shape for next to nothing, but what I found interesting it has the Mark Jeweler insert. Anyone else seen a DC Presents 26 with the Insert?

How will that affect the valuation of the book? I realize its only a VG copy, but how does insert reflect on the book overall? Is it desire able to have it more then it just being DCP 26 to begin with?

I have a DCP26 with the insert that I brought raw a few months back for around $50.  I like the MJ inserts so I got is slabbed and it came back a 7 If my memory serves me right.