• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2017 at 10:39 AM, TCGComics said:

Nice! I've got 5 HG copies of the #1 Eternals 30cent variant. I see there are no SS on the census... What is Stan charging these days? I am certain that they are all better than 9.0 and probably in the 9.4 range. Would the SS route be viable for a couple?

Question: I plan on submitting the 30 centers, should I send them all in at once, or scatter them out? I ask because I've had mixed results sending in multiples of an issue. (shrug)

SS on a variant are not a value adding process.

If you want them in your collection makes sense. If you are selling them why not just go ahead and ask someone to kick you in the shorts

Then I think you are well positioned to cash in on this trend if you wish!

I don't think I'll part with any of mine, but it's good to see that Treasuries are finally getting some respect.

4 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Only a couple hundred?

Yeah, I basically stopped hoarding them around 5-10 years ago.

I could upgrade a few but it's not a high priority for me. 

On 6/5/2017 at 3:59 PM, Aweandlorder said:

That explains This listing

I had a decent copy signed by Adams and I had a hard time selling it. Nice book with a crease near the top, but signed. Sold out for $100.00 a few months back. I wonder how long it will sit before a few copies move?

On 2017-06-05 at 1:39 PM, TCGComics said:

Nice! I've got 5 HG copies of the #1 Eternals 30cent variant. I see there are no SS on the census... What is Stan charging these days? I am certain that they are all better than 9.0 and probably in the 9.4 range. Would the SS route be viable for a couple?

Question: I plan on submitting the 30 centers, should I send them all in at once, or scatter them out? I ask because I've had mixed results sending in multiples of an issue. (shrug)

Both of my two 9.9's I got when I submitted multiple copies of the same issue, so I'm a proponent of it.

Jim

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, TCGComics said:

If they aren't at least 9.6 I wouldn't even consider it. Ask yourself who you are selling too? Variant collectors for the most part don't care unless they could get #1 in census on a book.

Speculation might net you a nice sum if they grade gets high enough, but it will take a bit before it appreciates enough to make it worth it if the grade doesn't hit.

That being said there was just a nice sale on a 9.0 I just saw so who knows.

Edited by fastballspecial

3 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Both of my two 9.9's I got when I submitted multiple copies of the same issue, so I'm a proponent of it.

Jim

If you would have had them pressed, they would have been 10's

????

9 hours ago, prez said:

Nice Nick Cardy cover... What's the spec play on the Legion of Monsters?

Possible movie reincarnations.

Personally I just think it's a cool book. I think I have a couple in the PC. Maybe others are starting to realize it as well.

Edited by ygogolak

22 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

I remember geeking out when I first saw  it on the spinner rack as a kid then I saw the Frank Robbins art. Poo poo

Robbins art at the time I thought looked dated. Strange but I think his art has held up better than I expected, I was looking at some of his DC Shadow stuff and it was stronger than I remembered. 

Hmmmm...I think the secret is out.  This Bronze Age puppy is becoming a MONSTER!!!

Just a few weeks ago, certified copies were selling for approximately...

CGC 9.4...$150
CGC 9.6...$300

Since the movie debut, a CGC 9.2 copy just sold for $560 on Ebay.  

Do the math, this translate to a pricing of approximately...

CGC 9.4...$850
CGC 9.6...$1,700

Just as explosive, the few raw copies that were available on Ebay have all disappeared and were sold at a escalated post movie debut price increase of +/-400% or more.     

Yes, I could elaborate and explain why this is happening.  

However, I'll let you play Kojak and connect the dots for yourself to solve this mystery.

Disclosure : Yes, I have a strong vested interest and own many graded and raw copies of this book.  Including 1 of 2 that's in CGC 9.8.

See ya.

50 minutes ago, october said:

When I got back into collecting in the late 90's the I-Ching hippie WW books were way hotter than this one! 203 was the last one in the run that some people cared about!!

10 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

When I got back into collecting in the late 90's the I-Ching hippie WW books were way hotter than this one! 203 was the last one in the run that some people cared about!!

Yeah, but movie or TV or Netflix or whatever. 

I checked my inventory list and I paid $2 a few years ago for the 9.0 I may or may not still have. Makes sense that it's a $500 book now. doh!

...but what else is new. The comic market waved bye bye to reality a long time ago.