Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

7,404 posts in this topic

9,698 posts
1 hour ago, Sandflea said:

You missed one.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, ygogolak said:

Yes, ha. I didn't even see the team in the Avengers book that was previously mentioned.

Elementals - ST #8

Elementals of Doom - FF #232

Elements of Doom - Avengers #188

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,148 posts
On 12/11/2018 at 12:28 PM, batmiesta said:

wow. I sold my undercopies of 5 & 8 last week but may have to list the nicer ones now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,698 posts

Since the new Avengers trailer dropped, all CGC 9.8 blue label copies of Nova #1 got swooped up. At $1k a pop.

Somebody know something we don't? hm

Edited by ygogolak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,652 posts
42 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Since the new Avengers trailer dropped, all CGC 9.8 blue label copies of Nova #1 got swooped up. At $1k a pop.

Somebody know something we don't? hm

That's amazing.  I wouldn't want to be holding that hot potato.  Luckily I bought my copy 36 years ago for 6 bits.  Not 9.8, but good enough for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,804 posts
16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

:popcorn:

(shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258 posts
On 12/17/2018 at 1:43 PM, ygogolak said:

Since the new Avengers trailer dropped, all CGC 9.8 blue label copies of Nova #1 got swooped up. At $1k a pop.

Somebody know something we don't? hm

Where did this happen"? eBay or other places? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,361 posts

Speculators or collectors grabbing before they think it goes higher? I hope its the 2nd.

I guess its not that big of a gamble at this point.

Edited by fastballspecial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,148 posts
2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Speculators or collectors grabbing before they think it goes higher? I hope its the 2nd.

I guess its not that big of a gamble at this point.

I happen to have a Nova 1 on ebay (7.0 raw IIRC) and I hope someone gets all excited and grabs it! (That's what she said!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,926 posts
On December 13, 2018 at 3:29 AM, lou_fine said:

Who cares about a nobody like Rocker Racer.  :p

I personally think Marvel should obtain the rights to that great SA classic, Fatman The Human Flying Saucer, as that should be a megalodon box office winner for sure.  The only other one that would be able to give Fatman a run for his money would be that other classic SA character, namely, Herbie The Fat Fury.  lol

Actually, if the Coen Brothers would take it on, Herbie would turn out awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if they read the comic growing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,268 posts

CBCS 9.8s ae going for $800 where as CGC 9.8s are $1,100.  Not seen that much of a difference in awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258 posts

I took a look at the eBay sales and in Oct -Nov rough price was $945.00 for Nova 9.8, it has gone up roughly to $1,050.00. Is this just the drift up on price cause one sold for $5.00 more a week later and than the next goes up by $20.00 until it has gone up by $100.00 or is it cause the Eternals was announced and we are wondering if we are going to miss out on the next announced movie. I think its the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,889 posts
4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

CBCS 9.8s ae going for $800 where as CGC 9.8s are $1,100.  Not seen that much of a difference in awhile.

My general rule of thumb for CBCS is assume it is a 9.6 in a 9.8 slab and bid accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,698 posts
4 hours ago, Grib said:

I took a look at the eBay sales and in Oct -Nov rough price was $945.00 for Nova 9.8, it has gone up roughly to $1,050.00. Is this just the drift up on price cause one sold for $5.00 more a week later and than the next goes up by $20.00 until it has gone up by $100.00 or is it cause the Eternals was announced and we are wondering if we are going to miss out on the next announced movie. I think its the latter.

It's not necessarily the price. It's the timing and the amount sold. There were 2-3 selling a month. In the 9 days since the day the Avengers 4 trailer released there have been (6) 9.8s sold. Trends are very important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,554 posts
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, scooter99 said:

That's amazing.  I wouldn't want to be holding that hot potato.  Luckily I bought my copy 36 years ago for 6 bits.  Not 9.8, but good enough for me. 

That is nuts. It's not like folks didn't know this was coming for a long time. We've already seen the Nova Corps for criminey sake. There's a reason it went from a $5 book to a $80 book (raw).

These are some nice results on DC Super Stars 11, a book I grab when I see it,, albeit from some well known sellers, the JS sale in particular:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SUPER-STARS-11-VERY-FINE-8-0-MAGIC-GIANT-ZATANNA-1977-DC-COMICS-/382626677571?hash=item591653c343%3Ag%3AersAAOSwcBZb51b9&nma=true&si=k5rBGBi%2BuujbAIA%2FqNJ8cW9pcBQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SUPER-STARS-11-VERY-FINE-8-0-MAGIC-GIANT-ZATANNA-1977-DC-COMICS/382626677571?hash=item591653c343:g:ersAAOSwcBZb51b9

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,698 posts
7 hours ago, the blob said:

That is nuts. It's not like folks didn't know this was coming for a long time. We've already seen the Nova Corps for criminey sake. There's a reason it went from a $5 book to a $80 book (raw).

What do we know? The general public knows nothing more than we did 4 years ago.

Edited by ygogolak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,698 posts

Of note, especially considering the market during this time of year, Star Wars #68 has basically doubled from May this year. Not the highs it was seeing in 2015. I assume this is because of the Mandalorian TV show and the book has something to do with Mandalore.

Conversely #42 is about half what it was earlier this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
38 38