• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:
18 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

That would be hysterical lol 

And why would that (irrespective of the fact that it is impossible) be "hysterical" to you ?

-J.

Mentioning that book is like saying Beetlejuice three times lol 

15 hours ago, kimik said:
18 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

The market is not so focused on 1st appearance - or Hulk #180 would be more expensive than 181.

There is a little more required than a simple first appearance.

The market has focused on the 1st appearance of Wolverine, it is deemed to be Hulk 181...........

No, the market has deemed that Hulk 181 is the more desirable  and therefore more valuable copy. That doesn't alter the fact that Wolverine appeared first in Hulk 180. 

4 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:
19 hours ago, kimik said:
22 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

The market is not so focused on 1st appearance - or Hulk #180 would be more expensive than 181.

There is a little more required than a simple first appearance.

The market has focused on the 1st appearance of Wolverine, it is deemed to be Hulk 181...........

No, the market has deemed that Hulk 181 is the more desirable  and therefore more valuable copy. That doesn't alter the fact that Wolverine appeared first in Hulk 180. 

I thought it was Foom #2..........

Edited by kimik

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, Callaway29 said:

snarky bunch in here...

Yeah.  On the bright side, it's easy to follow what's heating up in the bronze section if we stick to temperaments and Hulk 180 v 181.

Edited by grebal
The July 20 marv. info dump prompted MF 10 spec, and pops for e.g. TOD10,SME15,W If 10,Aven195-196 Etern 5 etc.

damn this is the first i've ever ventured in this thread. Intense. there's some serious punches being taken and given over here. 

When does Daredevil 191 get a serious bump for being such a great story and great art? I got my copies. Do you?

On 8/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, shadroch said:

Define desirable?

I'm am betting Hulk 180 will double in price before 181 does. Does that make it a better investment?

If it happens yes. Think of it this way, if you spend $4000 on both books (same value based on money not grade) and one doubles and the other only goes up a quarter, well you get the idea. Emotionally might be a different answer.