• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I am not sure where you are going with this.  WWBN 32 has been running up along with all of the BA keys (Marvel and DC) since the late 90s. WWBN has been following the same pattern as any other SA or BA key - steady growth after the gap ups, and a spike when the movie/tv appearance is confirmed. As we have seen the past 10 - 15 years, being able to carry a book does not matter when TV/movies are involved. 

I am not going anywhere with it. Its just not a book I would invest in especially at this point.
Its artificially appreciation in my opinion. I never go to shows and see buyers asking for it. 

All these fans all of sudden are showing up for this book. Where have they been for the last 15-20 years
in hiding?

You would know more then I would though as you do a lot more shows then I do in other parts of the country.
I will go away now. 

43 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am not going anywhere with it. Its just not a book I would invest in especially at this point.
Its artificially appreciation in my opinion. I never go to shows and see buyers asking for it. 

All these fans all of sudden are showing up for this book. Where have they been for the last 15-20 years
in hiding?

You would know more then I would though as you do a lot more shows then I do in other parts of the country.
I will go away now. 

No worries. I was just confused as to your rationale for your comment since you are on top of the market. 

While I agree it had really nothing going for it for a long time, WWBN 32 has always sold for me since I started doing shows in 1998 or so. I think the two 80s series helped raise enough of of a profile that the character has a stronger fan base than expected.

I will say this - it has always been harder to find in HG for me than other BA Marvel keys since WWBN was a dead title when it came out and the blue cover is similar to purple in showing any bends/creases. 

The time to buy it was before the end of last year, though, just like every other BA key not named IH 181 (except for ASM 129 - that play has been a dog so far). 

Edited by kimik

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

When you are the bottom you got no where to go but up.

You can draw a straight line from the influx of speculators to the rise of this book.

The character cant support a monthly or TPB sales. It will rise due to speculator
influence from movies and follow the same path as Iron Fist maybe a little better.

We need to start tracking books before and movie hype to see how much they fall.

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see Moon Knight and any Marvel character get
some attention, but don't tell me its from some huge fan support because its not.

Swamp thing gets cancelled regularly and we still like HOS 92... My point is that it got dumb expensive a while ago, now it's just stupid expensive. 

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

When you are the bottom you got no where to go but up.

You can draw a straight line from the influx of speculators to the rise of this book.

The character cant support a monthly or TPB sales. It will rise due to speculator
influence from movies and follow the same path as Iron Fist maybe a little better.

We need to start tracking books before and movie hype to see how much they fall.

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see Moon Knight and any Marvel character get
some attention, but don't tell me its from some huge fan support because its not.

Swamp thing gets cancelled regularly and we still like HOS 92... My point is that it got dumb expensive a while ago, now it's just stupid expensive. 

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Are Moon Knight 1’s selling? One direct 5 newsstand  

599D4965-9E3F-4BF9-8F17-27E709662111.jpeg

Yep - looks like the new price is $40 - $50 for nice copies.  I didn't think a show was ever going to come so I sold all mine in the $25 range.  Should a would a.

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Not cancelled. They just end so they can reboot. Marvel and DC are very different in that sense.

Not always. We have lulls in punisher publication too. How about ghost rider?

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Which one?

Not cosmic. The other ghost rider gets wheeled out, cancelled, wheeled out later, etc. Ditto Luke cage.not saying these prices on 32 are justified, just not unheard of on these early/mid 70s 1st apps.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Not cosmic. The other ghost rider gets wheeled out, cancelled, wheeled out later, etc. Ditto Luke cage.not saying these prices on 32 are justified, just not unheard of on these early/mid 70s 1st apps.

There's Cosmic and there is Robbie Reyes who will be on a Disney+ show. I'm not sure what happened to Danny Ketch.

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I knew slacking on sending in the stack of high grade #1s was going to pay off - not a bad $70 investment.  To CGC they go.

She-Hulk 1.jpg

Would've been better if you already had them slabbed and rode the wave.