• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2019 at 12:59 PM, kimik said:

I see he is on some Kim's Convenience show on CBC? That is why I have no clue who he is. Who watches anything on CBC now?

Already been answered but yes he is. We get it on Netflix. I don’t have much truck with modern sitcoms but really enjoy it as does the missus. It’s pretty funny.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

https://nextshark.com/simu-liu-shang-chi-asian-boss/

Box office flop in china. not hot enough.

Fascinating video! It's so interesting to see what other people consider attractive and what it says about their culture. Seems that Chinese women prefer softer men as opposed to the hyper masculine look that most Americans prefer. Most of the men they described liking had softer, younger features. What if men in America were more like puppies? LOL!

5 minutes ago, Pontoon said:
On 9/10/2019 at 11:59 AM, kimik said:

I see he is on some Kim's Convenience show on CBC? That is why I have no clue who he is. Who watches anything on CBC now?

Already been answered but yes he is. We get it on Netflix. I don’t have much truck with modern sitcoms but really enjoy it as does the missus. It’s pretty funny.

It's called "Kim's Convenience?" and what is CBC? lol I'm lost, but haven't found anything on Netflix that I've enjoyed for a minute so I'll give it a shot :) 

22 hours ago, Hamlet said:

They are the first Marvel reboot issues.  Let’s throw a cool cover and a new #1 ( or a title change ) on an ongoing series and sell it to the rubes. 🙂

I’m just trolling ( kinda ), but I’d rather collect the TOS and TTA issues that precede them.  Just as cool books, there are less of them, and they generally cost less money unless they are actually keys ( unlike the “Big Premiere Issues” - oops, I’m trolling again ) 🙂

“There are less of them”

One copy of something is worthless if nobody wants it but you. Well not to you at least.

Supply and demand dictate the investment and I’m not even going to compare the sales record of the books we are comparing.

Tos and such are great reads without a doubt but will never be as desirable or a better investment like it or not.

The masses like those manufactured collectibles with the nice covers and rehashed origins!

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yup. Who the heck knows anymore

Let's pretend Machine Man is coming to the MCU or Marvel TV land for a moment.

I suppose he could maybe show up in Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Or perhaps the Eternals? (Although that movie already has a ton of characters.) Or maybe the Hellstrom TV show, fighting undead?

Anybody want to take a guess?

1 minute ago, MisterX said:

Let's pretend Machine Man is coming to the MCU or Marvel TV land for a moment.

I suppose he could maybe show up in Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Or perhaps the Eternals? (Although that movie already has a ton of characters.) Or maybe the Hellstrom TV show, fighting undead?

Anybody want to take a guess?

He's slated to be in some of the new Marvel stories coming out later this year and next year. Possibly tied into the new Iron Man of the future stuff.

Edited by ygogolak

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, Aweandlorder said:
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:21 PM, MisterX said:

A super-quick internet search doesn't seem to explain why. Is it just speculation madness?

Yup. Who the heck knows anymore

Not to imply that there's any logic to the madness, but does anyone know if the character featured lately is Aaron Stack (X-51) version of Machine Man, or some generic MM? I'm not current on the character.  That's assuming it even maters (thinking Ant Man, Cap Marvel or Valkyrie, characters that may have different versions).

On 9/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, arinya said:

Fascinating video! It's so interesting to see what other people consider attractive and what it says about their culture. Seems that Chinese women prefer softer men as opposed to the hyper masculine look that most Americans prefer. Most of the men they described liking had softer, younger features. What if men in America were more like puppies? LOL!

I'd suggest it's just one video on the internet that got a little bit of a social media push, and not much of one when you consider how big "asian twitter" can be about things they really care about. It's not a knock on it at but it is just one thing. Regarding  preferring softer features (or more pretty or whatever), this is not surprising. I'm not trying to conflate all asians and China but if you just look at who the the big idols are in asia in general they don't look like Brad Pitt. That said, dude with similar features in the U.S. don't have a hard time pulling and this shift will probably continue as things like K-Pop and J-Pop continue to gain popularity with the youth. It seems like Anytime BTS is mentioned for any reason on social media it has 100s of thousands of reactions and I took my goddaughter to a recent Pasadena concert at the Rose Bowl and it was PACKED with kids.

I think we see something similar in recent years in the west with like the ascension of a Timothee Chalamet and the like etc.

5 hours ago, androolx said:

Champions 7, first app. Yuri Petrovich, seems to be getting more interest. Obviously a Black Widow-related character, but I can't find anything about that character being in Black Widow.  Is Yuri Petrovich in Black Widow?

Also first Darkstar. Probably Black Widow related like you said. Haven't seen anything yet.

1 hour ago, batmiesta said:
On 9/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, androolx said:

Champions 7, first app. Yuri Petrovich, seems to be getting more interest. Obviously a Black Widow-related character, but I can't find anything about that character being in Black Widow.  Is Yuri Petrovich in Black Widow?

Who? O.o

Does it matter? :whistle:

3 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Who? O.o

1 hour ago, divad said:

Does it matter? :whistle:

Both very succinct, philosophical and insightful observations about the current, ennui-inducing speculation market. 

6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Both very succinct, philosophical and insightful observations about the current, ennui-inducing speculation market. 

Exactly. The reason I posted  was I had a 30 cent variant listed on eBay for a while with an OBO with no real interest. Then in a short time, I had 5 watching and someone bought it without making an offer. I figured there must have been some rumor or news which caused the interest, but I found none.